Carlsson

Insert Phone - 2010 A3

5 posts in this topic

Just bought a 2010 A3 today. If I click the "Mode" button it says "Insert Phone".

I've done some googling which suggests just turning Bluetooth on on my mobile and pairing it to the car which should appear as "Audi". My phone doesn't find anything (bluetooth on the phone is definitely working). Will my 2010 car even have Bluetooth? If so should this be visible to devices or do I need to do something to switch it on?

Or - does it need an actual phone or SIM in the car? My old A8 D2 had a phone though that was a 1999.

I would presume that Bluetooth was an option on the A3 in 2010 and by the sounds of it the car doesn't have it.  You'd be able to find Bluetooth in the car's menu system easily enough if it was installed. 

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

Probably hasn't got it then - have been through all the menus on the radio and the maxidot (or whatever it's called) and there's nothing about a phone or bluetooth...

Earlier 8P A3s (the model that ran from 2003 '03' to 2012 '62' and spanned three various 'faces' over its life cycle) had an optional hard mounted phone cradle.  Archive pic of my dads old 55 plater Sportback below.  From memory - and I could be wrong here because it varies on the different Audi models - I *think* bluetooth was available if you had the Sat Nav / RNSE interface.  So instead of the cradle you had bluetooth instead.

This video shows a 2011 A3 with RNSE with bluetooth:

On later models, you *possibly* might have also been able to option bluetooth with the more basic sat nav system (called BNS or BNS 5.0) instead of the phone cradle

What dashboard stereo / sat nav system does your 2010 have?  And does yours have the MFSW (multi function steering wheel)?

IMG_5392 1024.JPG

Mine hasn't got the sat nav - Audi Concert I think from memory.

Ah well, probably have to look at Parrot or similar - otherwise very happy with the performance and the economy so far.