Andy_Bangle

Mercedes-Benz X-Class

13 posts in this topic

Soon to be spotted parked on pavements doing the school run, and 12 inches from your back bumper flashing you out the way on the Motorway......

What the, what are they doing. 

Hold on no I can see it as selling like hot cakes in the right market, but why oh why. 

34 minutes ago, CarMad said:

What the, what are they doing. 

Hold on no I can see it as selling like hot cakes in the right market, but why oh why. 

Could ask the same question about half Mercedes model range at the moment!!  :roflmao:

I don't quite get the appeal of it.  If it works for Mercedes you can bet you'll see a BMW and Audi version appearing.

Then again, I've often wondered why BMW don't enter the commercial vehicle market in respect of small, medium and large vans.  Mercedes seem to do well enough out of it and you'd think there could be a market for BMW (although I don't doubt they're in a far superior position to me to know that and there will be very good reasons why they haven't).

This.  The big three prestige German brands cannot resist copying each other can they?  As soon as one 'invents' another completely pointless niche model that is the answer to a question that nobody asks, the other two build and preview a rival almost immediately.  Honestly, I sometimes wonder if they do it as a piss take to wind each other up - to play a bluff to see if the others react.

"Want a 4dr version of a coupe thats already just a 2dr version of a 4dr saloon?  Sure Sir, step right this way....."

And Volkswagen are no better!

"Cannot decide between a Golf, a Golf estate, or a Touran?  Sure, for the 3 or so customers a year we are scared of losing because they cannot decide between these three, Eureka, we will launch the Vollswagen Orphan - half Golf, half Touran, schnell it's genius!!"

Good luck getting parts for it five years time....

1 person likes this

Speaking of which - the Honda Civic "Plus" SE + Navi.

Basically a 5 door Civic estate that looks the same as an Accord but isn't an Accord - and has SatNav. :roflmao:

8 hours ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

I don't quite get the appeal of it.  If it works for Mercedes you can bet you'll see a BMW and Audi version appearing.

BMW-pickup-truck-rendering.jpg

1 person likes this

BMW pickup photoshops, and test mules on the Ring, are about as old as the internet itself.

The advantage Mercedes has over BMW, apart from the commercial vehicle side, is a deal with the Renault-Nissan Alliance. The X-class pickup shares its underpinning with the Nissan Navara and Renault Alaskan.

1477419887775.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

I want to see the AMG version.  :blink:

1 person likes this