bazza_g

Almost a new biker....

44 posts in this topic

Well done bazza - top riding. Now, get yourself the bike you crave and have more fun than you care to imagine. Ride safe, rubber side down. (Emojis have disappeared but thumbs up!)

1 person likes this

Nice one Bazza. One more of us, one less of them.

MT09 is the one to go for. +++

Edited by Mort
2 people like this

My '9. Bigger and meatier than its smaller brother, the '7, bit still lighter than most triples and IL4s, and still very chuckable and controlable. 

2016-11-13_15.17.42.jpg

2016-11-13_15.16.40.jpg

Edited by JonC
2 people like this

That looks lovely - great colour! Working in France next week so test rides to commence soon after +++

1 person likes this

As Scotty said, bike choice is so personal. Only when you test ride some will you know which suits you. Enjoy and keep us posted +++

1 person likes this

Typically I haven't had 5 mins to myself since passing to get moving on test rides - though my shiny new license arrived in the post this morning! Official! 

Take a pic of it. DVLA are getting very proficient about forgetting people's entitlements.

There's not that many demo bikes about at this time of year. There will be more in the early spring. I can't get a ride on a MV F3 800 right now for love nor money!

New years day update: took a Street Triple out just before christmas - crikey it was lively! Less weight and plenty more power compared to the 600 learner machine at the school. 

Still haven't managed to find a clear, non-hungover, dryish day to take the MT07/09 out 

All NEW Street Triple being unveiled on 10th Jan so definitely not making any decisions before then - might mean some deals on the outgoing model +++

1 person likes this

A triple is sublime (but there again I am biased) and the ST has a worthy rep from what I know. The R version is tasty on power and no doubt it's delivery.  I've been through the pros and cons of a Aprilia V4 RR (the beast of the the nakeds) but the insurance is ridiculous and makes it a non-starter, sadly. The 09 is defo a keeper. The twin of the 07 sounds awesome with a quality after market full system - heard one the other day with an Arrow system and it was impressive +++

1 person likes this

After the technical fluff up that was the Street Triple live launch I've looked at the specs and the middle model, the 'R', seems to be the one that gets most of the new trick bits - its also going to be at least £9k (the base model S is 8k).

The other challenge at the moment is that neither the new Street Triple, nor the 2017 MT07/09 are on the insurance underwriters list yet - so currently unable to get any quotes until "the system" catches up (tried online with confused.com, Devitt, Bennetts and called the last two directly). Understandable for the Triumph as its only just been announced, but for the Yamaha's there are physical bikes in dealers to ride off on today - any ideas how to get round this insurance problem or know anyone who can quote?

What sort of money are you looking at Bazza for insurance, having just passed your test and being 30 [cough :P ] ?

Just found one company, Lexham who have the 2017 MT09 on their underwriters system and they want £1,400 GBP (garaged with abus lock+ground anchor, no commuting, 3k miles a year)

cheers for the linky - £1,100 with 600 excess - for the 9, getting better +++

1 person likes this

MCE often get a bad write up for service but often smash the rival premiums. It may help you get a foot on the ladder.

p.s. Ouch!!

p.p.s. What happened to the notion that the launch of the new model would help with the purchase price of a second hand one? :roflmao:

1 person likes this

Good point, my dad's with MCE - will give them a go +++

Am going a bit round in circles tbh, still haven't found time to test the MT07/09 - actually thats not strictly true as I did almost get a date booked but the dealer sold their 2016 demo bikes! Now waiting for the new ones to arrive.

I go from MT07/09, then thinking the new Street Triple, then thinking get a deal the old Street Triple, to thinking the new ST-R has loads of new bits, then get big insurance quotes, then go back to the Yamaha's MT09 for punch and 07 for sensible - except I think the 7 feels too small just sitting on it not going anywhere!

Bazza - if you haven't sorted this, drop me a PM.  I have close ties to MCE and may well be able to get you hooked up.