Soulboy

2017 Fitness Thread

143 posts in this topic

Had a ludicrously emotional and stressful start to the year and have unintentionally gone from 92kg to 85kg, through lack of eating. not where I wanted to be. Hmmm :uhoh::(

Pies help. Honest ;)

Bad luck mate - hope you manage to get back on it again +++

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Torino101 said:

Had a ludicrously emotional and stressful start to the year and have unintentionally gone from 92kg to 85kg, through lack of eating. not where I wanted to be. Hmmm :uhoh::(

Oh.

can we swap? Mine is also stressful but it's the wrong type of stress and it's not shifting weight in the same way :unsure:

joking apart i hope things pick up mate +++ 

2 people like this

Two months without a tipple. Still not missing the ale :)

4 pancakes with honey and sauces. It's all about balancing the diet ;)

2 people like this

When you say "sauces" - is that like honey and ketchup on one and honey and HP on another..? :)

1 person likes this

Well funny you should say that. I had strawberry but my 7 year old did try ketchup!

1 person likes this

PB on the rower ergo today. 10k in 41:06. Passed through 5k pretty comfortably at under 40min pace but the last 3k got me. Sub 41 in my sights. Fuelling before, errrr, helps. Only getting on the ergo once or twice a week so expecting progress to be slow. Other phys is swimming and bike so all good for rowing. Gave up on the bilateral breathing. Just don't want every session I do in the gym or on the bike to be a chore and the rowing certainly is, and the bike is long and suffering. 

3 people like this

I pulled a PB yesterday too. I'd been averaging 2k in 10min but yesterday did it in 9min flat.

thats warmup for you :roflmao: 

Posted (edited)

The world record for 2k is 5:36.6. Nuts huh? WR for 10k is just over 31 mins. I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel at the end of that!

Edited by Andrew
2 people like this

Motivated by the above rowing posts, I dutifully dragged myself to the garage to have a go at 10k on the ergo. Managed 2500m before quitting, I hate that machine so much. Probably should have set myself a smaller target for my first go in an eternity. Might try for 5k tomorrow.

3 people like this

10k in 40:54.3. Where did that come from?! Sub 40 seems like an eternity away, but in distance it is about 200m.

3 people like this

Fair play +++

Are you just slogging away doing 10K all the time or trying once a week or so and then using intervals and negative split workouts or similar the rest of the time?

One day swimming a mile. Another day maybe swimming 2k or a row of 10k. Third day a 10k row. Fourth day an hour on the Turbo at about 80% HR. I am not getting much rowing time. Tomorrow for example I'm not sure I fancy a swim so I might try and bust out a 2k row, just to see what I can do it in, followed by a run of 4/5 miles perhaps. There is no program being followed per se. I certainly don't fancy much time on the ergo tomorrow!

11 hours ago, Andrew said:

One day swimming a mile. Another day maybe swimming 2k or a row of 10k. Third day a 10k row. Fourth day an hour on the Turbo at about 80% HR. I am not getting much rowing time. Tomorrow for example I'm not sure I fancy a swim so I might try and bust out a 2k row, just to see what I can do it in, followed by a run of 4/5 miles perhaps. There is no program being followed per se. I certainly don't fancy much time on the ergo tomorrow!

Feck me - it's the cardio queen :P

I love a bit of PT. I'm probably not nearly as fit as I could be - if I did a proper programme I might be. I also eat like a fat b'stard! My friend Max calls me the fittest fat bloke he knows!

1 person likes this

You do realise he means "fit" as in he fancies you..

And who would blame him?

2 people like this