LED Headlamps

cruiser647

£265 option, so cheap as chips really.

The pure air filtration isn't an option, it is standard on the 7 series.

I did say people would laugh at the ambient air option.  They won't once they've been in a 7 series with it.  It should be the same on the 5 series.  

The big cost are the tech packs.  Then there is the option to have the car park itself or come out of a parking space....when you're not in it.  That is a must.

12 hours ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

The big cost are the tech packs.  Then there is the option to have the car park itself or come out of a parking space....when you're not in it.  That is a must.

If a car does that without the person in the car doesn't that give issue with the UK law about being in control of a car that is switched on? 

14 hours ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

With all due respect - feck that.

I can park a car myself.  I know, there are other things that have come along and we've all got used to them but this is awful.  However, watching a person trying to reverse parallel park a Zafira into a space the size of small lorry  :roflmao:..........  I can see some people would like that option.  Not for me though.

2 minutes ago, cruiser647 said:

With all due respect - feck that.

I can park a car myself.  I know, there are other things that have come along and we've all got used to them but this is awful.  However, watching a person trying to reverse parallel park a Zafira into a space the size of small lorry  :roflmao:..........  I can see some people would like that option.  Not for me though.

That's only because you'll always use three parking spaces in that mahoosive new Audi of yours, so you won't care about "parking" :P

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cruiser647 said:

However, watching a person trying to reverse parallel park a Zafira into a space the size of small lorry  :roflmao:..........  I can see some people would like that option.  Not for me though.

Had a similar experience a few years ago, Mini tried several times but failed, I was behind them in the queue they created (3.0 Senator B) and whizzed straight in, in one attempt.

WOO HOO!!! For testicles!

• Like 1

It is about coming back to your car and finding you can't get into it because of the morons that park so close nowadays.

I've watched a bloke have to climb into a Qashqai through his boot at Newcastle central station, and a woman stood bemused as to how she'd get into her Mini in Luton!

Here, it is rather clever...

My father's garage is a bit narrow (due to the racking etc that he's fitted). He's always pushed his car into the garage and pulled it out.

He then bought a car with DSG which you can't leave out of gear so he struggles to get in and out when parking it now.

This would be a great asset to him .... but I think it has limited use in general.

1 hour ago, eldavo69 said:

I had a friend with a narrow garage and a Lotus Elise. He used to park it with the roof off and hung a ladder across the ceiling to monkey bar in and out of the car. 

He'll know if he puts on any weight over Christmas...   :roflmao:

Sounds like something out of Mission Impossible!

3 hours ago, chasdrury said:

But if the space is that tight would you really park a 7 series in it - door ding galore?

Both of the people I mentioned had come back to find that it was the parking of others that had trapped them, not how they'd parked to begin with.

You've got to remember that the doors on a 7 series are very, very thick.  

• Like 1

On 06/01/2017 at 3:00 PM, NewNiceMrMe said:

Both of the people I mentioned had come back to find that it was the parking of others that had trapped them, not how they'd parked to begin with.

Went to Sainsbury's today.  There are many other shops in the area too, and the car park was quite busy.

NNMM has a good point about the parking tech.  Seeing people NOT being able to turn a Fiat 500 into a space going in forwards, and a Beetle driver too.....  oh dear.

Anyone who has parked at Newcastle Central station will know the issue.

I have lost count of how many times, over the years, I've returned to see drivers scratching their heads at how on earth they're going to get into their vehicles.

As safety design has seen door width increase, the challenge gets worse.  It wasn't recently, but I once saw a Mercedes owner taking an absolutely fit about how close another car had parked to his.  He was kicking the bumper of the other car (out of sheer anger) - because you couldn't even walk sideways down the gap that had been left between his drivers door and their passenger side!!!  It was clearly bad parking but even if they'd parked within the lines it is an issue that people have pointed out to the station time after time.  Do they care?  Of course not.

Edited by NewNiceMrMe

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Proper first world problems, this... :rolleyes: :P

Haha  +++

There are two separate arguments here.

The first is that people cannot park.  Which I totally agree with.  I've climbed in through the passenger seat a few times, possible in the cars I've owned.  I appreciate this is not quite so easy in (for example) a coupe etc

The second issue is of modern cars getting bigger and bigger, and most car parking spaces are simply not big enough.  We can moan about this as much as we want, and / or be in denial about it, but the fact is supermarket / multi storey / railway station car park spaces have not grown year on year like cars have grown

Arguing a 7 series needs this remote control parking system is a bit like arguing you could submerge a chocolate tea pot in liquid nitrogen in order to make a cup of tea.  You could make a cup of tea this way.  Or, you could just use a normal tea pot

7 minutes ago, Ian_C said:

Haha  +++

There are two separate arguments here.

The first is that people cannot park.  Which I totally agree with.  I've climbed in through the passenger seat a few times, possible in the cars I've owned.  I appreciate this is not quite so easy in (for example) a coupe etc

The second issue is of modern cars getting bigger and bigger, and most car parking spaces are simply not big enough.  We can moan about this as much as we want, and / or be in denial about it, but the fact is supermarket / multi storey / railway station car park spaces have not grown year on year like cars have grown

Arguing a 7 series needs this remote control parking system is a bit like arguing you could submerge a chocolate tea pot in liquid nitrogen in order to make a cup of tea.  You could make a cup of tea this way.  Or, you could just use a normal tea pot

Or make the teapot our of this chocolate

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2192236