LED Headlamps

cruiser647

15 hours ago, Ian_C said:

Arguing a 7 series needs this remote control parking system is a bit like arguing you could submerge a chocolate tea pot in liquid nitrogen in order to make a cup of tea.  You could make a cup of tea this way.  Or, you could just use a normal tea pot

Of course a 7 series does not need remote control parking.  I'm not arguing it does.

By the same token, how many cars need the internet?  Do they need Bose?  How many vehicles do we know of that need adaptive headlights, or that need leather seats, electric windows, rain sensing wipers, wider exhaust pipes or even two exhaust pipes when one will do?

Some of those I have mentioned have nothing but entertainment or aesthetic value.  The remote parking offers something genuinely useful.

The point is, it comes as part of the Advanced Parking package that includes surround view cameras, park assist, etc - something that a lot of people with a car the size of a 7 series (and many much smaller vehicles) will select anyway.

If you have to regularly park the likes of a 5, 7, A7, A8, S Class, E Class or similar sized car in public car parks - I think you'd spec the option without hesitation. +++

Edited by NewNiceMrMe