Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Torino101

Lexus IS350 F-Sport (2015 on)

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone driven one of these?? Not the 250 the 350 - Not sure they sell this engine in the UK, so this may been a waste of time, but has anyone in their travels come across one? Thoughts?

With the procession onwards towards 4 cylinder turbos, I'm looking to get a relatively new smallish 6 cylinder saloon, that basically means BMW 335i / 340i, Merc C43, Audi S4, IS350, VW CC 3.6.

Now I know at 35 the Lexus is the old man choice, but it is also significantly cheaper than the others here, especially one that's a year old and 10k miles. Would love the C43 but you are looking at twice the price of a year old IS350.

Will I be bored to death in 10 minutes or does the car have some character?

2016-Lexus-IS-350-F-SPORT-rear.jpg

IS 350.jpg

lexus-is-f-sport-2014-gallery-is-1388_1280x800.jpg

Edited by Torino101

Give one a test drive, they seem to get good reviews in the US, as you say we don't get that engine in the UK models that are mostly full of batteries or slow diesels unfortunately. +++

Engine is a N/A 3.5 V6   ~310bhp

In a 1600kg car it should give perfectly respectable performance until I can afford or justify a 340i or C43...

Or am I in fairy land, Lexus will never do remotely sporty and it'll be a soft wallowy heavy cruiser?.....

Booking a test drive for next week. 

It probably is more of a cruiser.

Especially in N/A guise.  Seems everything in that engine and cylinder size now is turbo'd.  RWD too!!!  +++

But it will be a creamily smooth engine.  Nothing like the 335i with the turbo delivery, but revving it shouldn't be a hardship.

A very good respectable car for a vet, not too flash like an M or S or Merc (any to most people)

Edited by cruiser647

1 hour ago, cruiser647 said:

A very good respectable car for a vet, not too flash like an M or S or Merc (any to most people)

Even though it shouldn't be the case at all, and people shouldn't be immediately judged on their cars, the sad fact of it is I can't turn up to work in a Porsche or similar. So the understated nature of the Lexus, (to most people), is in its favour.

Only just seen this thread for some reason.

I drove the predecessor in the week they first launched.  Fabulous car with Lexus build quality through and through.  The sound was nice too, if a little muted.

The problem was the steering and brake feel - as in the fact there wasn't any.  

It suffered terribly from feeling completely numb when it should have felt alive   The equivalent Audi murdered it for feel, that's how bad it was.

I have seen a new model and think they look amazing in the flesh.  They have superb presence.  I don't know what it drives like though.  Hopefully not like the first model.

1 person likes this

The ideal scenario would be that the 3.5 litre engine would cure the muted sound and that the latest F-Sport spec would sort the numb handling. We shall see.

I'd be very surprised if the V6 is louder than the original V8 was.  

I have to say that I don't think this bodes well!

13 hours ago, NewNiceMrMe said:

I'd be very surprised if the V6 is louder than the original V8 was.  

Sorry, I assumed you meant the IS250.

Posted (edited)

I think MM is refering to the the V8 ISF which was the M3 competitor from Lexus. 4 litre jobby. 

The confusion comes when companies use the 'halo' monicker on other models

IS350 F Sport

BMW 330i Msport

Edited by billy2shots
1 person likes this