F1 2017

Andy_Bangle

McLaren racing director Eric Boullier says his team would be winning races if they had Mercedes' engine and said he is not sure yet whether McLaren will be as competitive as last year

YAWN.  Didn't they spout that shit previously?  Saying that their chassis was the best yet being totally unable to back it up.

It's not a clever thing to go saying.  Yet again McLaren are putting all the issues firmly on Honda and I can't see a Japanese company taking that amount of criticism again.  I think this will be the final season of Mclaren Honda.

Oh, and he's not sure if they'll be as competetive as last year?  Feck.  They finished 6th FFS.

I know you can never tell until the racing starts for real but this is going to be another dull season isn't it?

At least with the last couple of seasons you had two teammates fighting it out. I think now Lewis is firmly No1 within the team that variable has disappeared. VB is going to play the Webber role to Hamilton's Vettel. 

A huge yawn fest awaits. 

Cars are faster already than last season with phat tyres, and they're supposed to be louder as well (somehow).

Red Bull are already blah blah-ing about Mercedes and taking the game to him, or whatever it was that Mr Ginger Spice said today.  Paddy Lowe going to Williams as a shareholder will make sod all difference to their overall performance, but they'll still be good to watch.

Vettel will throw a complete paddy in the third race, Hamilton will whinge about something until he wins consistently and Alonso will be paid a vast amount of money for driving round in a car as quick as a Toyota Pious.

There you go.  Season done :P

• Like 2

The cars will be faster and louder and all the F1 "fans" who know **** all about motorsport will coo for a couple of races that they've got their racing back.

Then they'll realise it's just a faster, louder procession and that the new, bigger, more complicated aero means (even) less overtaking because the cars won't be able to get near each other.

The only possible relief from the boredom may be that Ferrari could start the season with a faster car than Mercedes. But if there's one thing we know about the post Todt/Brawn/Scumacher Ferrari team it's that they'll **** it up somehow.

• Like 1

I think we might have a closer season that for a while, Ferrari are looking strong, Renaults engine not too bad once they sort the Ers and Redbull will have lots more coming to the car for the first race. 

Mercedes are strong but I think we might see some good genuine racing and if some reports are true the aero might not be the problem many think but it will never be great with ground effect cars. 

I'm really looking forward to it, I always start the season with high hopes but it rarely lasts. 

Maybe we need to make some 1-2-3 predictions??

• 2 weeks later...