Car wash pain

AZURES3

Car was filthy and covered in salt and the car wash in our village BP is quite good for the odd wash !

Super wash covers car in a foam bath, under body wash then high power water jets and the new style non-nylon brushes. This time the foam arrived then no water so the brushes were rubbing in the foam without water.

I called BP customer line and they were very apologetic and said they would pay for any repairs, bit shocked they didn't say at customer risk etc. Susp cut the process isn't that simple

Its almost dark so I can't tell and I am not the sort of person to try and get a freebie or lie about damage but I wonder how much swirling this will have created and if so I should push for a full detailing ?

Thoughts.

Maybe the water was frozen.

However, using a car wash.........  after you worrying about the winter wheels, to then go and use a carwash!!!!

I only use the £5 Kosovan hand car wash local job.

Or VERY occassionally, if I have helped the bloke out, I get a free wash from the car wash man who visits my work site.  He charges £20 for a mini valet - proper wash, wheel wash, hoover and doing the windows inside and out....  (quite a steep price really, but it is down south, captive market and a fully ££££ loaded workforce to fleece!)

Edited by cruiser647
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AZURES3 said:

Desperate times using the car wash, usual use the local Polish guys who do a great job for £7 but they had a huge queue and my car looked like it had been in a rally. Its a lease car but I do treat it like it my own but not on this occasion

And I still don't know how they make money at that price!

On 1/16/2017 at 5:25 PM, AZURES3 said:

Its almost dark so I can't tell and I am not the sort of person to try and get a freebie or lie about damage but I wonder how much swirling this will have created and if so I should push for a full detailing ?

Putting a new car through a car wash and complaining about swirls is a bit like porking a prossie and complaining about catching an std!  :roflmao:

• Like 2