Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
garcon magnifique

Mercedes 190E 2.3 16

9 posts in this topic

The time has come to let the Merscabies find a better home. Someone who can hopefully keep her on the road a while longer, maybe give her interior a bit of a spruce up, but most of all actually use and abuse her. She loves that and I have to confess I've been rather negligent of her needs over the past year or so.

For those on facebook, pics and info are here: https://www.facebook.com/mike.shaw.146/posts/10207540885071693

In brief, it's a 190E 2.3 16 manual, 1985, 166,000 miles in Blue Black with black Recaro leather. MoT expired late November (new MoT can be arranged). Bodywork and mechanics both good. A worthwhile investment at a very reasonable £7950. No great rush to sell but I'm not using it as I should and will probably go to auction in the spring if unsold.

Edited by garcon magnifique

Not too shabby.

What's the market like for those in the UK?  I'd have thought they'd be getting as rare as rocking horse poo.

You could have bloody cleaned it :P

There seems to be quite a bit of interest, which is pushing prices of good ones up quite a bit. According to howmanyleft.co.uk there's 43 still on the road in the UK.

It'll get a proper clean and some better photos at some point. Probably. It was partly intentional to show someone I know who's interested an honest view of the condition of the interior.

To be fair it's looking better than I thought it would. 

Good pics need a bright sunny day rather than a miserable, dull, dank, cold one. 

Like today instead of yesterday! D'oh! :blink:

1 person likes this

Nah. Would be nice if increasing estimates on the good ones dragged mine into 5 figures though...