MSV / Donington & Bedford

Scotty

I guess most people know that Palmer / MSV have secured the rights to use Donington for the next 20+ years. I think it's a good thing although the monopoly aspect is a bit of a concern.

I'm sure it's not a cheap thing to do to buy the rights and then invest to ensure the big races go there etc.

The below may explain where the funds are coming from. It looks like it's goodbye to Bedford aerodrome. No more trackdays and no more of those brilliant corporate days either :(

http://www.thurleighairfieldbusinesspark.co.uk/downloads/thurleigh-airfield-vision.pdf

bedford.JPG

Bedford is brilliant to hoon round in anything without the worry that armco is going to jump out at you, because of the run-offs. I can't say I'll be sad to see it go, although it'll be a shame, because it'll be one less track, but the investment in Donny will be brilliant.  Maybe given his son is driving in F1, Palmer will be able to bring it across to Donington from Silverstone after the BRDC throw their toys out of the pram again because whatever his name decides to crank the price beyond reason when their contract expires.

I watched half of one F1 race last year - I just lost interest altogether - but if the chance came up to go to Silverstone or Donington to watch, then I would +++

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Bedford is brilliant to hoon round in anything without the worry that armco is going to jump out at you, because of the run-offs. I can't say I'll be sad to see it go, although it'll be a shame, because it'll be one less track, but the investment in Donny will be brilliant

Totally agree. It's also a shame those corporate days are gonna go as they were awesome but then I've not done one in 10 years and given the corporate gift restrictions these days I can't see that changing.

• Like 1