Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andy_Bangle

Lamborghini Huracan Performante: 6min 52sec 'Ring Time

11 posts in this topic

On 5 October 2016, the Huracán Performante set a new production car lap record of 6:52.01 min on the Nürburgring Nordschleife with Lamborghini test driver Marco Mapelli.

Pretty mad stuff.  The active aero is impressive - they have been watching Pagani.

There is a LOT of speculation (B2G, Northloop etc) about the video overlay being faked.  Main reason is for the massive disparities between speedo speed and indicated GPS speed.

Italian car company telling porkies about its car's performance?  Surely not... 

36 secs faster than the standard car? Couple extra bhp, couple of kg lighter and active aero so clever you can't even see it!  I am not hung up on ring times but I call bollocks

1 person likes this

I think many think the same, which is a shame they feel the need to blag it a bit to me. 

Telemetry has been released by Lambo for the run - amazing aero, sticky Tyres and heroic driving seem to be the order of the day!

Lamborghini's Director of Research and Development, Maurizio Reggiani confirmed that the lap times were real and to prove it the full Vbox log was available.

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/03/lamborghini-shows-huracan-performante.html

1 person likes this

My guess is gt3 parts and cut slicks! 

On 17/03/2017 at 10:57 AM, Woppum said:

36 secs faster than the standard car? Couple extra bhp, couple of kg lighter and active aero so clever you can't even see it!  I am not hung up on ring times but I call bollocks

Harry Metcalfe (EVO founder now at Jaguar SVO) in his latest Harry's Garage - walks around the Geneva MotorShow and shows you how the active aero works on the back wing.   Very clever...

2 people like this

On 19/03/2017 at 11:43 PM, Rachel said:

Harry Metcalfe (EVO founder now at Jaguar SVO) in his latest Harry's Garage - walks around the Geneva MotorShow and shows you how the active aero works on the back wing.   Very clever...

Just watched the lambo clip thanks. I saw the car at the show. Looked like supercar of yesteryear compared with the 720. Bet the mclaren will eat it for breakfast. That clever aero I bet is all theory. Reminds me of the 458 'whiskers' that were supposed to cause great aero and reality just did bugger all. The lambo has its exhaust note on its side, that's about it imv but I'm biased as find the brand a little gauche and its cars a bad drive. Not driven the hurrican though...

Edited by Woppum

I like the noise the V10 makes its hard not to but agree on the styling and substance, few liked the handling of the base model lets be honest. 

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, CarMad said:

I like the noise the V10 makes its hard not to but agree on the styling and substance, few liked the handling of the base model lets be honest. 

Yes I have been told this, bit too much understeer too. Friend had one of the first took it straight to Silverstone . No denying it was quick, but he sold it pretty much straight away as found it dull