Carwash Spots

Scotty

LOL - yep mainly Addison Lee people movers. They do a contract for unlimited washes so there's in as many times a week/day/hour as they want.

In this case the owner (or staff of the company van) grabbed the pressure washer off the car wash guys and blasted it themselves)

I've seen 'proper' car wash places do that too when doing an interior wet valet, just the door cards as it's hard to get a wet vac on all the tight angles, you'd never know once they wipe it down as you'd expect the fabric to be damp still.

On a more horrifying note for detailers, while driving past a Polski car wash yesterday I actually watched one of them drop a chamois, pick it up and continue drying the car with it, it's not a wash I use as they want too much money, but they are in a posh semi rural area so seem to get away with it.

1 hour ago, Arch said:

Drop a what? Chamois? Is it the 80s again? :o

Well, whatever type of cloth he was using to dry it.

That being said, I have tried all these waffle weave, microfibre, you name it, £25 drying miracles and I can tell you, without a doubt, none of them dry as well as a traditional chamois leather.

5 hours ago, Tipex said:

Well, whatever type of cloth he was using to dry it.

That being said, I have tried all these waffle weave, microfibre, you name it, £25 drying miracles and I can tell you, without a doubt, none of them dry as well as a traditional chamois leather.

Couldn't agree more. 

Micro fibre towels are crap. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...