What's your favourite car currently in production?

Mook

Among everything that's going on in the world, I need something that'll momentarily take me away from it all.

So - no budget limits, any vehicle, what's your favourite car currently in production and why?

I absolutely love this thing.  Real hints of the original 330SL Gullwing and a stonking 522bhp in the GT-S.  I keep seeing one locally in this colour and it shouts "look at me". Well, if you've got £112,000, then why the hell not.

mercedes-amg-gt-s-4-star-car.jpg

mercedes-amg-gt-s-rear-quarter.jpg

Excellent choice sir, it'd be high on my list but not at the top.

For me, my tastes don't really include any supercars these days, things like Ferrari or Lamborghini just don't interest me, my inner teenage boy has long gone, whilst not exactly extravagant, I'll still not be able to afford one any time soon, but mine would be one of these -

alfa-1.jpg

Mine would be Competizione Red, with black leather (criminally, you can't spec tan leather, WTF Alfa?) or possibly Alfa Blu but I'd need to see it in the flesh, with dark teledial alloys.

I don't think there is a better looking car on the market, and it's finally an Alfa that is superb to drive, it's got more capability than I have that's for sure.

Edited by Tipex
  • Like 4

Well said Mr T, stunning car finally from AR again.

My tastes are simple too, as an alternative I offer you.......

Although I hasten to add I don't think they are still in production.

2008-vauxhall-vxr8-15_600x0w.jpg

vxl-vxr8-2014-034.jpg

Edited by E-bmw

I don't think the VXR8 is on sale in the UK any more, I'm sure it's Holden version can still be had in the colonies though.

I'm a big fan of the VXR8 too and I don't usually like Vauxhalls, It's right up there on my list, I want to own another V8 and this is realistically what it will probably be given I won't entertain Audi, they are (I think) a bit of a bargain at the moment, I don't think they'll drop much lower in price either so I reckon it's the right time to buy.

Edited by Tipex

6 hours ago, Mook said:

Among everything that's going on in the world, I need something that'll momentarily take me away from it all.

So - no budget limits, any vehicle, what's your favourite car currently in production and why?

I absolutely love this thing.  Real hints of the original 330SL Gullwing and a stonking 522bhp in the GT-S.  I keep seeing one locally in this colour and it shouts "look at me". Well, if you've got £112,000, then why the hell not.

mercedes-amg-gt-s-4-star-car.jpg

mercedes-amg-gt-s-rear-quarter.jpg

The new hardcore version of this is a lovely thing. The Geneva car was schmee green and to top it off matte... so vile... but in the right colour really special. £180k special not so sure however!

• Like 1

On 24/03/2017 at 3:35 AM, Woppum said:

I have fallen deeply madly in love with the new 720s. I am so excited it's unreal. Such a brilliant car. Anyone see it at Geneva ?

IMG_5544.JPG

IMG_5546.JPG

IMG_5547.JPG

IMG_5555.JPG

To replace your P1 or to join the fleet as another stupidly quick car painted Worange?

• 2 weeks later...