720 Wop

Woppum

So without being silly I have two 720S Mclaren's coming. The first batch of cars are all pre specced by the factory in order to get them on the road as quickly as possible. I took what I considered to be a safe spec, one I can run for the summer then hand back to the dealer when the second car comes. Cad attached. The grey up close is actually really special the best tier of paint mclaren do and very pearly. The interior is safe black and carbon. 

The second car is the one to keep. The velocity and spending time with the MSO team just inspired me. I got so much joy from the rs project and I believe this 720 really is the best thing to come out of Woking. The quality, attention to detail and I have little doubt the performance is going to put everything to shame. A brilliant all rounder that will also destroy all completion on track. The cabin is incredibly luxurious and spacious, the roof glass, visibility like nothing else. The infotainment system seemed slick, sharp and clever. Not like the Mclaren's of old.

the scheme I am going for is personalised , there will be blends of up to three red paints, one of which will be bespoke to me. Lots of carbon and maybe some Wops sign offs just for fun. 

I am not giving anything away as I don't want it copied. All I will show is this for now I'm afraid! Bare with me, I so hope it will be worth it!

I do need to come up with a name for the new car!

IMG_6324.JPG

IMG_6326.JPG

IMG_6328.JPG

IMG_6329.JPG

IMG_6330.JPG

IMG_6332.JPG

IMG_5221.JPG

IMG_5251.JPG

• Like 6

Haha. - just to be clear I won't own two at once. The mso car will take a bit of time to develop and the factory will only take it on when it's ready - basically end of year earliest but I'm prepared for start 18 to be honest. I'm hoping the grey car comes start June as was lucky enough to get allocation for one of the very first. I'll be putting it through its paces and offering an honest review of course chaps :);)

• Like 1

Wooooo that looks nice glad you are going for something special and different. 

McLaren Manchester have a Burnt Orange P1 in at the moment I wasn't sure if it was yours but it doesn't have the tweaks in it. Look forward to reading the review. +++

• Like 1

On 08/04/2017 at 10:20 PM, max_b said:

The stuff dreams are made out of +++ Well done mate.

Just so we are up to date, what's currently still in the fleet and what will be left once the McWOP's arrive?

Lol a few bits and bobs - 918, P1, 720Wop, FF, Speciale, 991.1GT3RS Wop, 991.2 GT3 Manual, and hopefully a GT2RS

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Andrew said:

Wow. Just wow. Was this the special project thing you hinted at when selling your GTO? I wondered if it was an F40 or 50. Or LaF Aperta. Or a classic. In short, I had no idea!

Plan has developed for this since I first saw the car in November last year. it really is very advanced and an incredible bit of kit, press get hold of it in a couple of weeks, looking forward to hearing their thoughts!

laf aperta would be lovely but £5m !?

Edited by Woppum
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Woppum said:

Plan has developed for this since I first saw the car in November last year. it really is very advanced and an incredible bit of kit, press get hold of it in a couple of weeks, looking forward to hearing their thoughts!

laf aperta would be lovely but £5m !?

Isn't that just beer money for you?  :P

Nice collection of modern road rockets you are accruing...

13 hours ago, Scotty said:

Doesn't a price that high mean it's got bigger chance of more appreciation potential? 

How much of your purchasing is done in the head and how much in the heart?

I am quoting market price as the list of around 3m euros is kind or irrelevant considering only 200 of their best customers were able to buy them. i don't think we will see many for sale any time soon as Ferrari are very diligent on who gets a car. we are only just seeing coupes really hit the market in a big way because its been out long enough for Ferrari not to be too bothered... 

I look at all my cars with head and heart. My simple rule i abide by is if the market goes pop, where do i think it could it drop too and would I be comfortable sitting on that particular car with that hit. I don't buy any car I am not passionate about. I take an educated guess at what looks relative "value" in the market but the car must come before the deal. I make decisions quicker than the old days but none are taken lightly lol!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rachel said:

Isn't that just beer money for you?  :P

Nice collection of modern road rockets you are accruing...

where do you buy beer! :o;)

thanks.. after a few years of relationship building with the manufacturers and dealers plus growing the IG account (by chance) hopefully the opportunity to get some nice metal and carbon directly will come. :)