Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wizbit

Has my Bose amp blown?

3 posts in this topic

My wife has bought a 2008 Audi A4 cabriolet with the Bose Symphony system.  The sound is terrible and so I did a bit of investigation and observed there was no sound coming out of the front main door speakers.  I initially thought the speakers were blown.  However, when i got the car parked up i discovered that there is a tiny bit of sound coming out of each door speaker, but hardly any.

Does this sound like the Bose amp has blown?  I can get a replacement on ebay for about £40, but I have no way to really know if this is the likely cause...

Can anybody help?

I forgot to add that the rest of the speakers seem to be working ok (front dash tweeters and rear door speakers).

If i need a new Bose amp, does it have to be recoded, or is it just a simple swap?

The diagnostics on Audi's are pretty good. I'd recommend getting a scan performed using VCDS.

This is old and out of date but I still get contacted by people wanting help.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ll=56.271000037049696%2C-2.7795409999999947&spn=3.493691%2C10.821533&msa=0&iwloc=0004c505cfcb6158e0447&mid=1GCa_GzVZzBHRIy56nn4VTz_qVvU&z=6