Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cruiser647

Scania lorries

6 posts in this topic

I have heard these a few times now.  The big Scania lorries with the exhausts that go up and out over the lorry.

I over took one as it was pulling a load somewhere, he was accelerating and the thing was bellowing like a Bison on full heat/charge.  The sound was immense.  +++

Not sure if it was a trick exhaust or if they also have flaps that open under full throttle, but ...  wow!!!!!

You wouldn't want to be in a slow vehicle with that up your chuff!

It's the most common mod and (most) Scania dealers provide it as an option.  Standard exhaust on the tractor unit exits at ground level. That's what 500+ bhp of diesel grunt sounds like and it's awesome +++

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There's a couple of delivery trucks I see and hear regularly around the town, large box trucks delivering parcels, they both sound like they have dump valves on them, very odd. (and no, it's not the brakes)

Edited by Tipex

Mate of mine has just Taken delivery of a new MAN truck (owned by VAG) and it's fully loaded: heated leather seats & steering wheel..sat nav..air con..alloys..fridge..lane warning..auto emergency brake..camera..radar....etc..better than most cars. 

A MAN truck.  Just your kind of thing, Bangle.