Karcher: K2 or K4?

Waylander

The face bookies amongst you will know I killed my old pressure washer whilst blasting my patio so I grabbed the karcher-clone Stanley one from b&q to complete the job but it's pants.

its also faulty I think so gives me the window to return it.

anyway so time for a Karcher. For the odd car clean and blasting garden furniture am I getting me a K2 or should I fork out more  (£84 vs £185) for the k4?

happy to as long as I understand why I need to.

ta +++ 

Edited by Waylander

5 hours ago, Waylander said:

For the odd car clean and blasting garden furniture am I getting me a K2 or should I fork out more  (£84 vs £185) for the k4?

happy to as long as I understand why I need to. can make the man-maths work.

ta +++ 

FTFY

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eldavo69 said:

I just got a K4 full control and dirtblaster lance for about £130 from the Karcher Outlet. Turned up in a non-proprietary box but unused with all the original stickers and parts still packaged up. 

It's epic!

I did check the outlet store once I realised there was one but only saw £169 on there for the K4 (for 6 month warranty vs £184 new with 3 years)

I have a K2 compact. Well I have a broken one at least, very light use just randomly stopped working after about a year. 

Currently working my way through their collect and repair service, so far there have been 12 emails back and forth and I think they are sending me out a new one. 

Not sure I would buy a karcher again. 

• Like 1

K4 - £129.99 but you'll need to spend another £8 on the dirtblaster lance as it doesn't come with one. Although they sent me 2 so I now have a spare. 

Extend the warranty to 12months for £10.99 if you want. Full retail at £187 is (as you say) 3 years and the dirtblaster lance included and is pretty good value for money. 

I had a 65 bar one before and even with the dirtblaster lance it was useless - the K4 is 130 bar (I think) and was good on the decking, adding the dirtblaster increases the pressure by 80% and was awesome!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drinks said:

I have a K2 compact. Well I have a broken one at least, very light use just randomly stopped working after about a year. 

Currently working my way through their collect and repair service, so far there have been 12 emails back and forth and I think they are sending me out a new one. 

Not sure I would buy a karcher again. 

I thought Karcher were the pre-eminent choice bar none?

What would you get instead??

I think the lower end Karcher models are plastic and fail fairly quickly, my old one certainly did. 

However I moved to a metal internal model (no idea which one) and its been going strong now for a good few years. I got a great deal from Argos of all places for it and they were doing an increase warranty offer from Karcher that summer. 

Just find the right deal / package combo on the K4 and you will be sorted (assuming its metal internals). +++

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waylander said:

I thought Karcher were the pre-eminent choice bar none?

What would you get instead??

As Cabby suggests, nilfisk seems the best choice at the entry level. No personal experience of their products yet though. 

Thanks.

I've decided I'm getting the Nilfisk C120 7-6 PCA (@ £107 - don't need the drain tube and if I do it can be had for less than the £43 difference between the PCA and PCAD)

Pressures seem to be in between the Karcher K2 and K4 and more bang for buck

BUT Amazon don't have this new model in stock yet and it is sold out elsewhere at the moment it seems

thanks Drinks yep I saw it at MachineMart today too - there is a branch to me so I'll try to sort that over weekend +++

NNMM I would be happy to buy either of these, but £107 including the patio extension seems a great deal for the newest model.

Mind you I better not need the patio cleaner for another 2 years at least!!

Edited by Waylander

I have just witnessed a phenomenon that I have seen before on Amazon if any of you are interested.

When hearing about the Nilfisk 120 & seeing the price on Amazon I saved it to my "wish list" and the price is now £99 in my list, don't know if the price has dropped if anyone else looks at it now.

This happened with a spoiler I bought £ 80 to £36 in 5 weeks and a pair of seats for my track car £231 to £126 in the same 5 weeks.

This happens only with things on prime & seems to work better if you have competing items in your wish list also, although this could be imagined or coincidental.

Just had a look and the C120 7-6 PCAD is £149.99 with Prime, however there are other options available, selecting (from the drop down list) the C120 7-6 PCA it is £99.99 with Prime.

Can't tell you what the difference is, but probably to do with what attachments it comes with.

I've never seen the price drop on something immediately after adding it to my wish list, but if the price drops over time it will be reflected in the list and will tell you 'price dropped xx% since added to list'.

It might just be coincidence that the price dropped soon after something to your list?

I've added things to basket before, then not gone through with the purchase, just closing the web page and got an email a day or two later offering to complete the purchase with a discount added, doesn't happen very often though.