Quick urgent safety advice please

Waylander

Mum told me today in the new build whenever she touches the metal of the (new) dishwasher and the metal kitchen sink she gets a little electric shock.

wife unloaded dishwasher today and same think happened to her.

ive unplugged it and asked the builder to review in the morning but what could it be?

all the electrics were signed off and I have a certificate but to my mind it could only be either that socket isn't properly earthed or the sink isn't bonded (almost certainly not I think).

thoughts and advice for what needs to be reviewed and rectified please?

I'd say the first thing is lick either with your tongue and the do the same with a 9v battery to get a sense of what sort of jolt we are looking at. :coffee:

Ok maybe don't do that :P. I suspect its an earth issue somewhere that is causing the issue or it could be something with the dishwasher itself. If the dishwasher is turned off do people still get a little shock?

Failed earthing, or lack of. Trapped cable flex. No earth on WHOLE system. Failing MCB. Could be anything, and without being on site....

Bonding isnt required for sinks, hasn't since 2008 due to RCD's on the board and main earthing for gas and water pipes 10mm within 600mm of gas meter and main water stop cock.

• Like 1