Anyone tried hypnosis

AZURES3

Interested to know if anyone has tried it for any of the multiple areas they seem to offer solutions for, weight loss, drinking smoking, confidence etc.

i am doing more presentations these days to big audiences and feel it's one area I would like to improve my confidence and reduce nerves? 

Lots of apparent success stories.

Edited by AZURES3

I tried it on 3 separate occasions with 3 different practitioners some years apart for a sleep problem that I had and it just didn't work at all as none of them could put me under, I guess my brain is just resistant to it somehow.  I often wondered if that bloke on the telly could have managed it, the one that sorted out all sorts of problems for folks, I just remembered his name it was Paul McKenna.  I did look him up at the time but he was too busy to do it himself then and his "service" was franchised out but if you really wanted him for a consultation it would be £1000+ plus an hour so it seems that his TV appearances were just marketing for his self-help books and franchises.

I have never tried hypnotism but have a similar issue.

I absolutely "go to pieces inside" when doing such things and always have.

"Fortunately" for me during my time in the RN I was actually taught how to do it & although I still feel like I am falling apart when I have to do such things I am apparently pretty good at it when the training kicks in.

You should actively look round the room & engage in eye contact with people when you are talking, many different people so everyone thinks you are talking to them. You should NEVER "erm", cough, etc. Try to put a bit of your own personality into proceedings, and try to make a couple of points that you are passionate about as that comes across infectiously. NEVER hold notes in your hands, use your hands to emphasize points and get your thoughts across. If you can, move around & look at people from different viewpoints as this helps to relax you too. Try to memorize your major points/arguments so that you just need to refer to notes infrequently.

There is obviously MUCH more to it, but these always helped me.

As they say, if you aren't nervous giving a presentation, then you don't care.

I am a bag of nerves doing these, until I get started.  That helps to settle me - to a point.  But still nervous until the end.  The back of my head feels like it is going to burst, like eating a spoon of mustard before hand!!

As long as you know your subject, that helps a lot!

Hypnotism, not a clue, sorry.

Without question you can improve by using tips tricks and by gaining more experience. 

I doubt however someone can go from a bag of nerves to slick and calm. There are various levels of nerves and I'm guessing 90% of us feel them to some exten but some of us get them to a greater degree. 

As for hypnosis. That's something I will be sceptical about until I experience it myself.