F1 2018 Drivers list

Andy_Bangle

McLaren: Valtteri Bottas will stick with the team for another season. Lewis Hamilton entering the last season of a three-year contract signed at the end of 2015.

Ferrari: Vettel and Raikkonen stay put.

Red Bull: Ricciardo and Verstappen staying at RBR.

Haas: Grosjean and Magnussen sticking with Haas.

Renault: Carlos Sainz Jr. and Nico Hulkenberg.

That leaves Toro Rosso, Williams, and Sauber each with two seats open, one seat still available at Force India (alongside Esteban Ocon) and another McLaren, which is expected to keep Stoffel Vandoorne but awaits Fernando Alonso's decision now that it's switching to Renault power.

2 hours ago, Andy_Bangle said:

McLaren: Valtteri Bottas will stick with the team for another season. Lewis Hamilton entering the last season of a three-year contract signed at the end of 2015.

Ferrari: Vettel and Raikkonen stay put.

Red Bull: Ricciardo and Verstappen staying at RBR.

Haas: Grosjean and Magnussen sticking with Haas.

Renault: Carlos Sainz Jr. and Nico Hulkenberg.

That leaves Toro Rosso, Williams, and Sauber each with two seats open, one seat still available at Force India (alongside Esteban Ocon) and another McLaren, which is expected to keep Stoffel Vandoorne but awaits Fernando Alonso's decision now that it's switching to Renault power.

Mercedes?

Quite a coup for McLaren to get Hamilton and Bottas

Edited by Cuprabob
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, CarMad said:

Just can't warm to him at all unfortunately, he isn't a character. There are a good few people offering other angles in F1 these days which is good he just comes across as dull and too corporate. 

It's an interesting commentary on the current state of Formula One that this seems more important than how good a driver he is.

Not really, I guess when I talk about him as a person I'm also commenting on how he drives although thats not how it reads, but I've made that point already. 

No spark on or off the track, solid maybe but exciting to watch or showing much potential, no. More than happy to be proven wrong. 

Not so much a comment on your comment as a general observation. I tend to avoid the whole circus and just watch the race (if I bother with that), so I see less of the drivers out of the car and care less about what kind of personality they portray. I suppose you could think of it as a coping mechanism on my behalf to make sure I see as little as possible of Hamilton being a tiresome tw@t. :unsure:

Robert Kubica and Paul di Resta will both test for Williams in Hungary later this month in bid to land a 2018 seat.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/41483083

I think Kubica will destroy PDR on the test day, bringing a big bank balance and PR bonus to the team, Massa won't be happy as his seat they're contesting. 

Edited by Andy_Bangle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Toro Rosso goes with Gasly & Hartley for 2018, the only seats left up for grabs next season are at Sauber, and one at Williams (to replace Felipe Massa). Although according to some reports (which Williams deny) Kubica has signed a two-contract with Williams.

Edited by Andy_Bangle

• 3 weeks later...

Planet F1 reports that Williams has set its sights on Sergey Sirotkin to fill the vacant seat left behind by Felipe Massa. While Kubica reportedly impressed during the two-day Pirelli tire test, Sirotkin was also fast and brings with him significant sponsorship backing of roughly $15 million a year.

A deal with Sirotkin has yet to be reached and even if one can’t be reached, Kubica won’t be the back-up for Williams. Instead, axed Toro Rosso driver Daniil Kvyat is said to be the team’s second choice.

• 4 weeks later...