Andy_Bangle

F1 2018 Drivers list

19 posts in this topic

McLaren: Valtteri Bottas will stick with the team for another season. Lewis Hamilton entering the last season of a three-year contract signed at the end of 2015.

Ferrari: Vettel and Raikkonen stay put.

Red Bull: Ricciardo and Verstappen staying at RBR.

Haas: Grosjean and Magnussen sticking with Haas.

Renault: Carlos Sainz Jr. and Nico Hulkenberg.

That leaves Toro Rosso, Williams, and Sauber each with two seats open, one seat still available at Force India (alongside Esteban Ocon) and another McLaren, which is expected to keep Stoffel Vandoorne but awaits Fernando Alonso's decision now that it's switching to Renault power.

2 hours ago, Andy_Bangle said:

McLaren: Valtteri Bottas will stick with the team for another season. Lewis Hamilton entering the last season of a three-year contract signed at the end of 2015.

Ferrari: Vettel and Raikkonen stay put.

Red Bull: Ricciardo and Verstappen staying at RBR.

Haas: Grosjean and Magnussen sticking with Haas.

Renault: Carlos Sainz Jr. and Nico Hulkenberg.

That leaves Toro Rosso, Williams, and Sauber each with two seats open, one seat still available at Force India (alongside Esteban Ocon) and another McLaren, which is expected to keep Stoffel Vandoorne but awaits Fernando Alonso's decision now that it's switching to Renault power.

Mercedes?

Quite a coup for McLaren to get Hamilton and Bottas

Edited by Cuprabob
1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, Cuprabob said:

Mercedes?

Quite a coup for McLaren to get Hamilton and Bottas

Sorry, was thinking of 2019 ;)

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Andy_Bangle said:

Sorry, was thinking of 2019 ;)

Touché

Palmer is out of job at the end of the season (or even before), he hoping for Massa's seat.

I know Palmer has been unlucky but I just don't see the spark with him. 

Conversely, I just think he is COMPLETELY out of his depth!

Just can't warm to him at all unfortunately, he isn't a character. There are a good few people offering other angles in F1 these days which is good he just comes across as dull and too corporate. 

13 hours ago, CarMad said:

Just can't warm to him at all unfortunately, he isn't a character. There are a good few people offering other angles in F1 these days which is good he just comes across as dull and too corporate. 

It's an interesting commentary on the current state of Formula One that this seems more important than how good a driver he is.

Not really, I guess when I talk about him as a person I'm also commenting on how he drives although thats not how it reads, but I've made that point already. 

No spark on or off the track, solid maybe but exciting to watch or showing much potential, no. More than happy to be proven wrong. 

Not so much a comment on your comment as a general observation. I tend to avoid the whole circus and just watch the race (if I bother with that), so I see less of the drivers out of the car and care less about what kind of personality they portray. I suppose you could think of it as a coping mechanism on my behalf to make sure I see as little as possible of Hamilton being a tiresome tw@t. :unsure:

Posted (edited)

Robert Kubica and Paul di Resta will both test for Williams in Hungary later this month in bid to land a 2018 seat.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/41483083

I think Kubica will destroy PDR on the test day, bringing a big bank balance and PR bonus to the team, Massa won't be happy as his seat they're contesting. 

Edited by Andy_Bangle

I think PDR will get it as that's who young Lance would prefer and his money has a big say at Williams.

Attraction to the team would surely be Robert Kubica as a come back. I doubt he will every get back to show the potential he was starting to show before the accident, but I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong on that. 

Another advantage PDR has is there are literally millions of Sky viewers petitioning Williams to give him a drive just to get him off the telly :roflmao:

2 people like this

The biggest issue with Kubica is season long fitness is unknown. I'd like to see him take a Sauber seat next year, ideally Ericsson's as he's just a waste of grid space, always finishing +2 laps down.  F1 should also get rid of Palmer & Kvyat to make room for some fresh talent.  

Jenson Button has just lost his "job" to a 17-year-old, Lando Norris will replace Jenson as McLaren reserve/test driver.

Word on the street is that Martini want Di Resta in the Williams next year ahead of Kubica. It would seem that once he starts talking everyone turns to drink :roflmao:

1 person likes this