F30 issues

M8CKN

Since getting my 3 series in November, I’ve had issues with the wheel alignment. 

Im on my 4th set of front tyres as they’re being heavily scrubbed on the outer edge. 

They need changing with 4/5mm in the middle but the edges being totally bald. 

Im having 4 wheel tracking done with each tyre change but it’s making no difference. Most of my miles are A road and motorway, so speed bumps and pot holes aren’t any more of an issue than they would be to anyone else

My car is in BMW at the minute for the second time for a rattle that’s been there since the day I collected it, but they can’t find. It’s already had a new glove box but the rattle returned within a mile :(. It’s a constant plastic on plastic noise  

Had anyone else with a 3 series had tracking problems?

The alignment has never been done at the dealer as it’s £100+ there!!

It’s always been done at an independent tyre place who have the same set up as BMW, I’ve used them for 25 years and have no worries about their honesty. 

• Like 1

Never had an alignment / strange wear issues on my BMW no had any of them back for any warranty work either to be honest. 

Although my wife has had hers in today to get some faded front trip replaced under warranty, but as it was an early release / demo model I suspect that was just a batch problem.

• Like 1

Must be my driving ;)

bmw rang me yesterday saying they need the car until Saturday to fit an an oxygen sensor that has failed, and they’ve done a software update as a recall. 

Thsts all well and good, but they can’t find the rattle it went in for that’s driven me insane for 11 months :angry:

It was diagnosed a few months ago as the glovebox so a new one was fitted. 

30 seconds after picking it up, the rattle was back. Now it’s back it to be sorted and they can’t locate it so after 3 days I’m getting it back along with the rattle :blink:

I’m rattle free!! (So far) 

On the test drive to check the recall work, the rattle appeared. :)

They stripped out the glove box and diagnosed it as a faulty damper used on the glove box lid. Replaced and rebuilt. 

Feels like a new car, I enjoyed the drive home  

Edited by M8CKN
  • Like 2