I might be buying a diesel.

RobK

I'm looking at an A3 2.0 TDI DSG S-Line (snappy name eh?). I borrowed a 3.2 quattro yesterday but didn't really like it that much. It goes fast but the handling is kinda wobbly. So I'm waiting to see what kind of deal they'll do on the TDI.

Well, the deed is done!

I've gone for the Avus silver smile.gif with the following options:

Acoustic parking system - rear

Audi Symphony II radio with cassette, front loading 6 CD autochanger and BOSE sound system

Cruise control

Heated front seats

Interior Light Pack - illuminated door openers, vanity mirrors, storage compartment, footwell lighting, reading lights in front and rear, ambient lighting and active door reflectors

Light Sensor Pack - auto dimming rear view mirror and auto low beam mode for headlights

Metallic or pearl effect paint

Non Smoking Pack - deletion of ashtray and cigarette lighter, replaced with storage compartment and 12V socket

Storage Pack - front seat back cargo nets, storage compartment under driver's seat, compartment in glovebox, cargo net on side of centre console, net and bag hooks in luggage compartment

Upholstery - Leather/Speed cloth, black/silver

Xenon headlights with automatic range adjustment and headlight cleaning system

Anyone want to buy an RS4 before I chop it in?

Yeah, I wouldn't really call it a "storage compartment" though. It's more like a gap where the ashtray should be. And the 12v socket is obviously just a fag lighter socket without the lighter!

Anyway, it's a no-cost option so might as well have it.

[ QUOTE ]

that's like a 3 grand option list smile.gif

Is it the SE?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the options were quite a bit, but I thought if I'm getting a diesel I'll need lots of toys to keep me from getting bored! I got a pretty good discount anyway so it's not too bad.

It's the S-Line spec, which is the sport pack plus a few extra bits, like big wheels and so on.

Ooo. That's the one I'm looking to get - where did you get it from - the words 'pretty good' and 'discount' have got me interested. Thats DSG as well isn't it - when do you expect to take delivery?

I've not seen the 18" s-line alloys anywhere - have you seen them or are they the same as fitted to the A4 s-line?

You do also realise posting pictures is compulsory! laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

How cool is that........now they do a "non-smoking" pack....which gives people something more useful than a ashtray beerchug.gif

Smokers 123576-assfeck.gif em!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

does that mean that the soot chugers have an option to smoke from the back?!??! confused.gif didnt relaise that smashfreakB.gif

I'm getting it from Nigel at Oxford Audi. I bought my previous A3 and S4 from him so I get good service. Good job I ordered it yesterday, because all the prices have gone up 1.5% today! I got 6.5% off which I thought was pretty decent.

The wheels are the same as the A4 S-line ones - 18" RS6 style 5 spokes.

I've love to be able to do this - but I've noticed that once you go above an increase of 25% in power most insurers won't touch you with a bargepole...

...even trying esure with just up to a 25% increase in power adds almost £200 to the premium (I've not got the car yet - buts its great trying out the different 'scenarios' like tinted windows and roof spoliers and stuff to see how much they stuff you by crazy.gif )