Audi A8 tyre size issue

JimmiGathu

Hi! Good to be here! I've got an Audi A8 quattro 2007 model and was wondering whether changing my tyre size from 245/40/20 to 245/45/20 would work well with the air suspension system it has. Currently, my Audi is pretty low and even worse while on "dynamic" setting. Will the tyres raise it while on the 4 settings?

It will increase the rolling diameter of the wheel so will (fractionally) reduce acceleration & (fractionally) if the car can red line in top gear will (fractionally) increase top speed.

It will fractionally reduce revs/mph although your speedo will still read the same for a given revs.

You might be better off changing the wheels to 19".  Apparently, that is the best compromise between ride and 'looks'.

Also, check if the previous owner has lowered the car via the air suspension.  As it can be lowered by upto 20 mm I think on all settings.  You will need the diagnostics tool for it though.

If you have normal Audi 19" wheels on the car, the tyres become 255/45 19 or 245/40 19 I think?

My S8 runs on 265/35 20 but has a slightly different suspension geometry to the non S models.  As a result the ride is great in auto.

Edited by cruiser647