wordsman

Beefing up the standard S4 hifi

6 posts in this topic

I have an S4 Avant on order. But after enjoying the Bose in my current A8, I'm a little worried the standard hifi might be underwhelming. I'm leasing for 2 years, so it didn't seem worth paying over a grand for the upgraded hifi.

Does anyone have ideas for how I could beef it up please? I figured an aftermarket subwoofer would improve things, with the advantage that I can take it out for the next car.

Have you done a trial in the cars?

I went for the B&O system (2010 model) as I didn't like the stock system. Now I know one persons quality system is anothers POS but I'm more than happy with it.

It's now old tech, lacking in album image display etc and I'm sure the new one is improved. I'm still more than happy with the sound :

5.1 surround (if you ever need it), DSP for much improved delivery over balance/gain etc, 505W with 10 amps and 14 speakers ... and it was 'only' £500 at the time.

Would I do that in a car I'd have for a couple of year - probably not.  I used to have company cars. I'd put chokes on the front speakers and then slam my Alpine sub in the boot powered by my Kenwood mono-amp. It transformed the cars. It was a quick fix and meant I lost boot space etc but it worked for me. In fact I still have the sub and amp in the loft!!  

Yes, I've had a drive and listened to the hifi, and I was underwhelmed. But as you say, on a two year lease it's not worth the cost.

Any ideas where I could look to research a sub and someone who'd install it for me?

On 05/12/2017 at 9:44 PM, Scotty said:

Would I do that in a car I'd have for a couple of year - probably not.  I used to have company cars. I'd put chokes on the front speakers and then slam my Alpine sub in the boot powered by my Kenwood mono-amp. It transformed the cars. It was a quick fix and meant I lost boot space etc but it worked for me. In fact I still have the sub and amp in the loft!!  

You can take the boy out of Essex.....  :P

2 people like this

My mate phoned me once at home relating to it :

"I've just seen your Mondeo going around a roundabout on two wheels with all the windows down blasting out Mr Boombastic"

I married an Essex girl :roflmao: 

3 people like this

Hahahaha quality.  +++