Italian Grand Prix, 31 August – 2 September Sky
Singapore Grand Prix, 14-16 September Sky and Channel 4
Russian Grand Prix, 28-30 September Sky
Japanese Grand Prix, 5-7 October Sky and Channel 4
United States Grand Prix, 19-21 October Sky and Channel 4
Mexican Grand Prix, 26-28 October Sky
Brazilian Grand Prix, 9-11 November Sky
Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, 23-25 November Sky and Channel 4

Sort of related to F1 TV Coverage as it's the closest you lot will get to seeing grid girls.

Formula One organisers have announced walk-on grid girls will no longer be used before races.

F1 commercial chief Sean Bratches said that it was felt using grid girls no longer fitted in with the new brand image that Liberty wants for grand prix racing.

In a statement issued on Wednesday, he said: "Over the last year we have looked at a number of areas which we felt needed updating so as to be more in tune with our vision for this great sport.

"While the practice of employing grid girls has been a staple of Formula 1 Grand Prix for decades, we feel this custom does not resonate with our brand values and clearly is at odds with modern-day societal norms.

The move, which will be both for motor racing's top category as well as all support events at each grand prix - including Formula 2 and GP3 - comes as part of Liberty Media's revamp.

Edited by Andy_Bangle

Formula 1 chiefs have confirmed that there will be a shake-up of the weekend schedule this year, with many European races now starting at 3.10pm.

As Liberty sets about its overhaul of grand prix racing, it has announced the biggest shake-up in the F1 schedule for years. The entire weekend's timetable for European races is being shifted back in a bid to help attract a larger television audience.

Furthermore, the races will now start 10 minutes past the hour to allow broadcasters to better incorporate the pre-race build-up if their programming starts on the hour.

Formula 1 announces new schedule.jpg

10 minutes really..

Haven't some of the start times change from previous years as well. Will have to see what happens at the end of this year for Free TV for me if the only way for me to watch is to pay and move to Sky then it will be bye bye F1 after many decades of watch it most every single race. 

Touring Cars or something else for me maybe..

I enjoy F1 but I will never fill the dirty diggers pockets, I just dislike the principle of the pay per view TV concept -  I'm too old fashioned.

So for me F1 will soon be a thing of the past. I will miss it.

I will focus on attending race meetings and enjoy the thrill of live racing be it amateur or professional, classic or historic. The historic F1 at Monaco this year is our first stop.

That and the WRC.......

Edited by fatcat

I watched the WRC recently was good and I'm sure I will be watching more motorsport on other channels. Motorsport TV and ITV4 seem to have a good selection that and Eurosport. +++

NNMM Agree that the old BTCC days were fantastic, I remember being at Oulton Park watching them to the biggest every attendance at a motorsport event outside of F1. It was a fantastic race and loads of good support races as well. Get rid of all of the wings and get back to good old basic cars and racing.

• 1 month later...