Winter Warmer - Weds 7th Feb

Ian_C

As mentioned at the end of Decembers MK Meet thread, February is often a quiet month due to the weather!  Some years we have skipped straight from Dec to April, however after messaging a few of the regulars, there is a request to meet up this month.  We probably won't be gawping at cars outside for too long, so for one month only we will be meeting up for a curry at Red Chilli Gold on Buckingham High Street (instead of the usual venue) as recommended by Nik Richard + John who are all local.

The current informal plan is congregate from 6:45pm onward, table to be booked for 7:30pm.  If the weather is freezing and people have all arrived, we can always wander inside earlier.  There is a large car park directly behind the curry house signed Cornwalls Meadow Car Park, next to a Waitrose.  The car park is 300+ spaces, pay and display, but free after 5pm.

In order for us to book the table, please post in here by say 12 noon Tuesday if you are coming!

Red Chilli Gold
9 High Street
Buckingham
MK18 1MT

1. Ian_C
2. Chris
3. Nik_W
4. Richard_W
5. John@mk
6. Nige

Thanks to those who I messaged this morning for speedy replies, table provisionally booked for 6 people, I can extend if necessary, please post in here by tomorrow at the latest (Tuesday) if you fancy coming along.

Great to see the above peps Weds night - those hardcore enough to brave the weather, the cars were frosting over when we returned to them following a truly excellent curry.  Didn't quite realise Nik eats there most weeks!  Those in attendance are actually requesting a return visit, so watch this space!

The MK Pub we have used for just over a year now have always been perfectly happy when I've called to adjust the numbers a day or two before - and more importantly if we have more or less people turn up on the night they have the space, flexibility and willingness to accommodate without an issue.  This might be trickier at the curry house, and I do not want to turn the MK meet from a car meet into a 'food' meet where you are only 'allowed' attend if you have put your name down in advance.  It absolutely has to remain open to all - if people want to turn up on the day that is absolutely fine - it is no coincidence our biggest turn out in recent years was (looking back through the archives) 20 people July 2015 during a heatwave!  It was 37 degrees and I was wilting!  However, we will work something out - possibly something like October and February for a curry (ie. when we are less inclined to mooch outside gawping at cars) and maybe once during the summer?  Can be discussed next time out.....

The next meet is already in the diary booked - Weds 4th April (immediately after Easter and when the clocks have returned to BST) at the usual pub, Ye Olde Swan, Woughton on the Green, 6:30pm outside for 7:30pm table inside.  Will post the thread in March