Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billy2shots

A car thread on TSN!!!

8 posts in this topic

I'm sure nobody will object that this is in general and not the BMW forum, those days of that mattering are long past. 

As  a hot hatch lover i have been without one for the last 5 years having had a sensible family bus. 

The kids ars just about out of booster seats so the time has come to consider something a bit 'hotter'. 

Practicality is still very much required though so after considering every car segment i was back at square one, the multi talented hot hatch. 

Having had too many performance VWs to mention i wanted a change. The A class didn't tickle my fancy nor did the many others. I settled on the new  1 series in the shape of the M135i. Not a looker by any means but seriously competent and loaded with tech from cars higher up in the BMW range. 

I managed to get a corker of a deal at 17% off a factory order in September. 

Unfortunately the paperwork sat in my inbox as i couldn't bring myself  to sign the order form. Having travelled  to numerous dealers for test drives i found myself out in an X4 that was sat in one dealers car park. It was the M440i. With engines shrinking all around us and alternative powerplants baked in for my next car <5 years time, i couldn't resist turning down a 4 pot in favour of a bigger 6 cylinder lump. 

I started negotiating on 3 cars. At one point i actual paid deposits on 2. Sat at my parents  house my dad was witnessing the whole  thing. Deal done on a red car (i like the look) my pops suddenly pipes up and decides he wants one. Cars left on the table are grey and blue. He doesn't like the blue and i don't like the grey. 

In the end i managed two  identical deals on the blue and red. Both identical spec (apart from colour). He's taking the red and I'm left with the blue. 

Both pre reged by bmw with 3 and 5 miles on the clock. 34% under list price. 

Collecting both on Wednesday, driving  a hire carr from Bournemouth to Blackpool for his then on to Manchester for mine. 

X4 M440i, well it is still a hot hatch, kind of... 

Edit. 

It is of course an x4 M40i not m440i. 

Too many 4s in this cars name!

Very nice indeed - get some photos up when you get them. I keep having a look at X 40i/d but haven't pulled the trigger. 

I've driven my current motor about 3 times in 3 months so buying a new car for it to sit there as an ornament doesn't seem to make sense at the moment.

1 person likes this

Great negotiating and lots of fun to come then :)

Ive just come out of the Full Fat M version of the X5, V8 Bi Turbo nearly 600hp - awesome piece of kit. The X3M and X4M get good reviews, I look foward to seeing some pictures of both of them together +++

file.php?id=56908&mode=view

1 person likes this

I'm not a BMW fan myself, but see why people like them.

Congratulations on scoring a "twofer" deal for you and your dad.  Are you going to pop up some pictures?

A near 600 Mike round trip. The cars got a quick wash down on the weekend. 

Today some cleaning/detailing products arrived so they will get some live soon a proper pics taken. 

I'm planning on DIY ceramic coating mine with Car Pro CQ UK 3.0. You tube makes it look easy....

Pop's isn't quite so trusting for me to ceramic coat his car. 

Nice

You need some back to back/side to side pictures to get the full blue and red superman effect :grin:

1 person likes this