Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ritey

My second Mod

31 posts in this topic

[ QUOTE ]

Oh and I also found that the K&N website is actually incorrect, the model number I found from them was 33-2649 although the one I fitted was 33-2774 - how bizzare!!!!

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

According to their website the filter you fitted (33-2774)is for the 1.4 Polo and the other (33-2649) is for the 1.6 version.

As you say rather bizarre.

Cheers

Dave.

Yeah I thought so to, however after much debating (yes i said much debating !!!) with a Ripspeed guy and e-mail to K&N the info on the site is actually incorrect!!

But there you go can't always rely on what you read on the web I guess!!

Dave

Just been to my local Halfords and ordered the same K & N Filter for my Polo GTi. Should be here in a day or two but i'm picking it up next week cos i'm lucky enough to be working nights from this Wednesday!!!

The lad who ordered it for me also pointed out that the website info is defo incorrect and that the part you fitted was indeed for the Polo GTi.

Anyhow i'll get it fitted tail end of next week when i'm off.

Cheers

David.

Cool good luck with it, its fairly straight forward, although I have since taken the air panel lid off again and adjusted the filter as I don't think I had it sitting perfectly as a strange hiss was made every now and then, sorted though now I've taken the panel off and wiggled the filter!! smile.gif

Sorry to hear about the night shifts, although I believe there are a few fellas here who do nights - you can all have a nice chat if your internet accessible ???

Dave

Well as can be seen it's been nearly three weeks since i posted above saying i was getting the filter from Halfords. They still haven't managed to get me one!!!! Went in today and cancelled the order and got my money back. So i'm now looking elsewhere for said K&N Filter.

Cheers

Dave.