TDi Tuning Box

markcnash

I bought one of these a few weeks ago for my 115bhp Passat, I only had it fitted for a day. I noticed a fair increase in power and the MPG average on the computer was very good.

The reason I removed it was I noticed at certain times the engine would produce a strange exhaust note which sort of rumbled through the car. I contacted the seller to see if we could resolve it. But unfortunately I could not take the risk of damaging the engine in any way (company vehicle). I must say that the seller was very helpful and refunded my money, and will also say it may well have been a problem with my car that was highlighted by the tuning box, but without the box the car doesnt seem to have the problem so I'm left none the wiser.

If you havent noticed any problems then I shouldnt worry about it, but it is best to be cautious if you hear anything strange or unusual.

My advice would be not to use them mate

It might sound cheap but in the end you'll pay ALOT more

these boxes just "lie" to your engine management and will feck up all the fuelsettings

a good tuning alters a fair amount of tables and settings

a tuningbox lies about a few entries and ups the boost

I know, I had a tuningbox in my first car and I blew the engine!!!!!

after that I didn't it anymore..propper tuning will get you more value for money in the end!!