Rally-Europe

SteveCab

Hi all

only 8 weeks to go now, we are over half booked and the bookings have been coming in thick and fast the last month or so.

If you want to be apart of a fantastic week involving loads of performance cars, great scenery and hotels, then come join us!

www.rally-europe.co.uk

Note to admin: we have been linking to tyresmoke for nearly a year now so please dont delete this post! thanks

Steve, what's with the sponsor stuff on the car? I can imagine not everyone will be thrilled about stickers on their car... Are these stickers, magnets or what?

Also I noticed the footnote on the hotels ("don't assume you are spending every night in a hotel"). Could you clarify that a bit without giving away too much? (I'm not too big on camping for one). grin.gif

Finally, it could be practical to list the countries a bit more precise. Not to spoil the surprise (mentioning mere countries would still be pretty vague), but it would make life easier for the ones with Navi. Each CD is about €145 - €255 (per country!), so buying them for entire Europe would be very costly, esp. if some aren't used. wink.gif

Nice idea tho... beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Steve, what's with the sponsor stuff on the car? I can imagine not everyone will be thrilled about stickers on their car... Are these stickers, magnets or what?

Also I noticed the footnote on the hotels ("don't assume you are spending every night in a hotel"). Could you clarify that a bit without giving away too much? (I'm not too big on camping for one). grin.gif

Finally, it could be practical to list the countries a bit more precise. Not to spoil the surprise (mentioning mere countries would still be pretty vague), but it would make life easier for the ones with Navi. Each CD is about €145 - €255 (per country!), so buying them for entire Europe would be very costly, esp. if some aren't used. wink.gif

Nice idea tho... beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Stickers are really easy to remove, especially after just a week or so! Just use a hairdryer on them to warm them up then they just peel off.

There will be 1 or 2 night drives, no-one will be camping out unless they really want to!

I understand your point about the countries list, one reason is so that we dont have police waiting for us on each border, another reason is to make the whole thing as secretive as possible so that no-one knows where they will be from one day to the next.

As for satnav cds, i took my laptop on the last even i did and the disk was £100 with the gps receiver included and that covered the whole of europe.

Have you tried seeing if you can find pirate copies on the net like from kazza?

Not that i would condone such activities myself though crazy.gif

Okay, thanks for the info. wink.gif

A tip maybe, as you (organiser) obviously know the routes AND the cars/contenders, you could stock some CD's and sell them 'on the spot'. To keep it easy and prevent any leftovers you could either make a deal with the suppliers to return any unused CDR's, or simply ask the participants if they're interested and if so ask them to list their system and the CD's they already have. That way you just have to fill in the blanks... wink.gif

A bit of extra work maybe, but it could be worth it no? beerchug.gif