#WANTED# Golf GTi MkIV for the Wife

r88per

Wanted MKIV Golf GTi for the wife.

1.8 20 Valve Turbo preffered but will consider good Non Turbo.

No 2.0 please.

Must be 3 door, with no more than 70k miles. Must have FSH, with reciepts etc.

Prefer Silver / Blue / Black in that order, definately no Red. (She's fussy when it comes to colours.)

Pay around £6.5k for the right car.

Send a PM or e-mail with details.

A mate of mine has his up for sale at the moment.

Off the top of my head it is:

June 99 (T)1.8T GTi 150 3DR

What I don’t know is the mileage – although its low for the age, certainly nowhere near 70

Its silver, with black/red interior and BBS 16inch wheels.

- Clifford G4 CAT 1 alarm

- Sunroof

- Climate

- Rain Sensing Wipers

- Headlamp wash-wipe

- Auto dipping rear view mirror

- Heated Recaro Seats

- FVWSH

- Probably includes top-of-the range Pioneer stereo, speakers and amps. Pro-installed.

I think he’s looking for something closer to 10k though. It’s a top condition car though, and I know it well.

Cost 19k new

PM me if interested smile.gif

In fact, I just remembered he said its on Autotrader - its 28,500 miles

Paul, Autotrader has plenty of 98/99 cars listed under £7k with 40-70k miles. Just be prepared to wait or travel for the right car.

CAP shows £6.5 to £7k will get you a 98/99 on an R or T plate with 50k miles for that sort of money.

Inigo, your mate might be a couple of k heavy with his price. Has he had many calls (other than from Cardata)?

PS Be careful with those linkies, some point to your house [via the url, which contains the postcode you submitted in your original search]

ahahahah thanks Colin - would never have guessed they'd be stupid enough to do that. Thanks for the heads up. Thats just plain wrong from autotrader. Amended wink.gif

Might not have been my house though.....but it was sportifs2.gif

Thanks Inigo - but 10k's over my budget, and as Colin has said it seems a bit top heavy.

Colin - thanks for the info mate, its appreciated.

I've been looking at the Autotrader site. There are plenty there, its just that none suit the exact requirements and I'd rather wait, than make do.

The missus has just flown to the US today so I've got 2 weeks to find her one for it to be a supprise.

Its always the case that there are plenty that suit the bill, when youre just browsing, however when the cash is burning a hole its a different story.

I dont mind travelling for the right motor. I've been as far as portsmouth to buy in the past.

I'll just keep on searching and again thanks. beerchug.gif