just curious: VW Passat?

Waylander

Very good cars, the VW badge means they are slightly cheaper, same build quality, same performance really just a case of personal taste, I would always have the VW because you dont pay as much for crap customer service and lack of interest in the end user - sorry I meant slightly cheaper car.

Generally, servicing, parts etc will be slightly cheaper at VW. Crap service seems to be standard, though, across VW and Audi frown.gif

The good (or bad) thing about a Passat is that new ones tend to drop in value quite sharply after being driven out of the showroom. This means you can probably pick up a very good spec slightly used one for significantly less than a lower spec new one.

Engine is pretty much the same as the 1.9Tdi in the A4.

Overall, I prefer the looks of the A4, but in dark colours, the Passat (saloon) does look pretty damn good).

If you are even considering a Passat, drive one back-to-back with the A4 if you can - see if you can spot the difference.

• 2 months later...

Gotta say that in the nOrth East, the VW service is second to none. I've been really really happy with their service so far (although, saying that, I never take my own car (Passat) there.. I just use it for my Polo which is on lease, and as such I am a business customer.. maybe they don;t like the average car driver!)