[Audi A3/S3] New Polo rear wiper on A3....

Drillslinger

Well, got the idea from the R32 guys, so I popped on down to Audi on the way home last night, and what do you know.... they had everything in stock EEK2.GIF Can't remember the specific prices, but I got the Arm, Blade, Arm Cap, a new side repeater cause the old one was broke, and a new pollen filter for €53 total cool.gif

So now I've got Aero wipers in front, AND one on back grin.gif

The only thing is, the Polo blade is about 2 inches shorter than the one I had on (16" I think) but from what the R32 guys say, the longer Skoda blade can scrape a spoiler if you have one (S3 guys maybe) What I'm gonna do is see if the Skoda blade will fit the Polo arm, and if so, use it until/if I get an S3 spoiler put on smashfreakB.gif

Will post pics later if anyone's interested grin.gif

jump.gifbeerchug.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll post them, but you might want to wait until I see if the arm/wiper is the same on the Skoda. Like I mentioned, it IS about 1 inch shorter than the std 15"(I was using a 16" blade to begin with FIREdevil.gif) What I want to check is whether or not the Skoda's a 15" and if so, think it might work a bit better grin.gif

jump.gifbeerchug.gif

Jeroen: Part numbers:

Arm: 6Q6 955 707A (Think it was around €15)

Cap: 6Q6 955 435A (Can't remember, maybe €5)

Blade: 6Q6 955 425A (Can't remember, prolly around €10)

But I'm going by the dealers again this afternoon to see if any models have the same type blade, only a bit longer grin.gif

Loys, with this wiper there'd be no fear of scraping as at 12 o'clock it wipes just to the bottom edge of the center brake light. PLUS the blade has a much lower profile. But like I said to Jeroen, I'd recommend you give me today and maybe tomorrow to see if I can find a blade that's just a bit longer grin.gif

And I live in Bad Kreuznach, which is right on the A61, and about 45 minutes North of Kaiserslautern and 30 minutes SW of Frankfurt grin.gif

jump.gifbeerchug.gif

Drill - a lot of Seat Leon owners have swapped their OW rear wipers for the Fabia one and it looks much much better.

I think you need some parts from the Hatchback and some from the Estate. IIRC. they guys in the UK said it only costs about £20.

I will did out the link from seatcupra.net and a couple of piccys later.