homerj

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Homerj,

That looks awful - why hasn't anyone taken some domestos to that monobloc? tongue.gif

Sorry mate I'm in one of those moods today.

Car looks amazing - like those alloys especially. I take it thats the avus silver then yes? Very nice. notworthy.gif

Thanks for posting the pics.

HomerJ,

Very nice mate ! The alloys are nicer than I was expecting and probably much quicker to clean than my 9 spokes ! Is that an S4 cab behind yours ? So, when's the big day ?

I know we've liaised on the Oneclick topic before, just to update you - they're "nearly" ready. Just waiting for the units to come back from the manufacturers, so I reckon another couple of weeks. Happy days. All the best, Kev. beerchug.gif

Thanks for all the great comments guys, as I said in the other thread the pics don't do it justice, you should see it in the flesh looks so mean cool.gif

Ari : Thats a S4 cab in the background : was gonna take some pics for you cab boys, but the sales guy would not leave me alone. Not sure about the Blue nice not nice not sure tongue.gif Supposed to sound awsome though !

[ QUOTE ]

The S4 Cab behind is Sprint Blue. The colour looks great but it is totally ick out of the sunshine.

The Cab in Footballers Wives is Caribbean Blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks CabGirl I thought it much be the previously discussed Sprint blue. My dealers S4Cab is in it also. Personally I reckon I could go for it. Nice to get a blue that suits a black hood (I reckon the other blue's all look better with the blue hood).

I'm hopefully going for a demo this weekend. Getting decidedly twitchy with anticipation.

Finally WTF are you lot doing watching footballers wives when you could be posting smashfreakB.gif.

Thanks for the continuing pos comments folks, absolutely loving the car ! Had some rain around here tonight though, so it already needs cleaning frown.gif Gotta keep the AVUS gleaming.

[ QUOTE ]

We're expecting a very detailed review

[/ QUOTE ]

Been posting my comments in the main S Line thread, but I'll quote them here in case your being lazy :

[ QUOTE ]

Hand over went smoothly and the car was spotless, so after the paper work was done away I went. Took about 40 mins to do the whole thing, although I know the cars well, so that speeds things up a bit.

Car is very nice to drive seems slightly quieter and smoother than my last car, but that could just be the buzzz of having it, dulling my senses. The ride is deffinately harder than the standard sport and you seem to feel every rivet, bump, pothole in the road, although I'm sure thats exagerated by driving at 50mph tops. Only time will tell if this will really start to jar

Can't report on the performance or the quattro / chasis yet, as at 50mph the car is not exactly challanged, can confirm it pulls away from gravelly side entrances without any trouble though 6 speeder seems nice, tight and accurate although reverse is causing me a few probs, as I'm selecting 6th to go backwards and reverse to go forwards

Seats are very comfy, as before, and the speed cloth really does look nice, feels much more special and sporty than standard cloth and reflects nicelly in the sun. I Absolutely love the matt alloy trim as well, far nicer than the patterned stuff of old, and finished off perfectly with the quattro badge.

As for toys : the BOSE sounds great, I'm certainly not an audiophile but its more than enough for me. Rear view / auto lights and xenons I can't really try yet for obvious reasons, but evidently the rear view also has a see you home feature which leaves the lights on to allow you to get to your door, nice

Any hows love the car and looking forward to getting 1k of miles on it so I can start to play with the engine and the quattro !

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The AVUS is getting compliments every where I go, really love it - All time fav car already, and thats only hovering between 2 and 3000 revs, can't wait to open here up - only 960 miles to go

Not sure about the wheel bolts, have to pop the covers off the bolts tomorrow and see whats is underneath.

Really loving the interior light pack makes such a difference to the car at night, and in the day. Really missed having it on my last car, and real glad to have it back. Gotta love the red glow cast from the ceiling onto the matt alloy around the gear lever looks so And lighting up friends drives with the lights from the base of the doors is very flash.

Another great feature is the coming home / leaving home feature with the auto lights. Car senses when its dark and turns the front fogs and rear lights on for a set period either when you get out : to see you home or open the car to leave home. Real gimick but I love it

And the BOSE ooo.gifshocked.giflaugh.gifcool.gifECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Homer, and I suppose that there is no wind noise around the a-pillars?

I never understood what the interior light pack was about anyway, please explain what it means by the red light shining from the ceiling, and also the 'follow you home' light feature, is that a part of the interior light pack, or is that extra?

The roof lights are two orange LEDs that shine down towards the centre console, supposedly to illuminate your hand so you can see where it is in relation to the controls. They have this on the BMWs too, I thought it was a nice detail when I got my first BMW.

I think the follow me home lights are with the comfort pack ?, they leave your headlights on for a few extra seconds after you lock your car to allow you to reach your house, quite useful if the car is parked in the road or in a garage grin.gif.

As someone else said, why they can't bundle this lot into the standard lighting setup I don't know confused.gif

I have the interior light pack and the auto dipping rear view mirror too, but no follow me home lights frown.gif

Audi will get this config problem sorted one day !

Which config gets the heated washer jets then ?, are they standard on the S4 and not on any other models ?

[ QUOTE ]

The Avus S-line looks gorgeous - congratulations Homer.! My brother has an Avus TT - also gorgeous.

The S4 Cab behind is Sprint Blue. The colour looks great but it is totally ick out of the sunshine.

The Cab in Footballers Wives is Caribbean Blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to it CabGirl grin.gif (BTW welcome to this great forum)

I was about to say the same thing. When I took me dealers Sprint Blue S4 cab out to play it was a bloody horrible day so I had to have the roof up anyhow but the colour is not good in bad weather....no doubt it will look a little better with the sun shining on it, but I think they should have put Nogaro in the line up instead of Sprint.

As to Footballers wives, yep it certainly looks like Carribean blue and it definately looks better than Amber's SC430 Lexus....yuk.

Sorry homerj, your car does look stunning and dare I say it rather more sporty looking than the S4 Cab. Very nice colour, I wander what that would look like on the S4 Cab as I can't remember if its available as a std met option.

I seen your wheels on a car parked outside my local dealer yesterday with the same bodykit and colour as mine and it did look rather special, still think its a 50/50 between the S4's and RS6's wheels what I like the best though. confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have the interior light pack and the auto dipping rear view mirror too, but no follow me home lights frown.gif

Audi will get this config problem sorted one day !

Which config gets the heated washer jets then ?, are they standard on the S4 and not on any other models ?

[/ QUOTE ]

The "follow me home" lights are part of the autolights pack where the lights come on automatically when it starts getting dark, but I think it can be included in other packs too. IMO Audi are nearly as bad as Porsche for different options, they try to confuse you that much that in the end you just add what you want rather than get it included in packs and they get more money out of you. No good asking the salesman at the dealers because they get even more confused than we do. grin.gif

Oh I nearly forgot to say, the "follow me home" also have "find the car" so when you blip the remote the lights will come on too (front fogs + rear lights) but it can be a bit of a pain when you go out of an evening because we British are that courteous that people will always tell you "you've left your lights on mate" smirk.gif

OK so we have 'follow me home' and 'find the car lights', what about a 'discrete flashing blue lights behind the grill pack' to finish it off grin.gif

I think Audi should follow GanS lead and just call it the Starship Enterprise Lighting Pack, that should cover just about every permutation of lighting pack cool.gif