• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ QUOTE ]

166771-Autocarrs3b.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Good old Autocar. I made that mistake with a V6 Ferrari concept I was doodling a while back. 6 cylinders into 4 exhausts!?

I still think the RS3 is an Autocar special edition. Time will tell...

Ian C

[ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with that? The M3 has 6 cylinders and 4 exhausts. It's probably just a dual system with twin tailpipes each side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why bother, RS3 just needs a big juicy pipe for each bank. Surely that would be smoother and more efficient than dividing into two pipes per bank?

Ian C

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with that? The M3 has 6 cylinders and 4 exhausts. It's probably just a dual system with twin tailpipes each side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why bother, RS3 just needs a big juicy pipe for each bank. Surely that would be smoother and more efficient than dividing into two pipes per bank?

Ian C

[/ QUOTE ]

Well maybe it would, but I thought you were saying a 6 cylinder car couldn't have 4 tailpipes?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ian C

[/ QUOTE ]

Well maybe it would, but I thought you were saying a 6 cylinder car couldn't have 4 tailpipes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't think 6 into 4 worked. Trust the M division to make it happen. cool.gif

Ian C

• 1 month later...

one question - thought the RS3 rumours were based on the sportsback 5 door A3

so why is everyone photochopping the 3 door as unfortunately it won't look as good as this?

as I had heard the RS3 is expected in 5 door format only I am not interested - hope they are wrong and you budding designers are right beerchug.gif

• 1 month later...

I agree - had it a year done 25k miles and want something different, test drove the new A8 6.0l on Friday - dealer would not let me go... ooo.gif

Wanted £69k for ex demo 7k miles May 04 car....

Felt more at home in my RS4 when I got back in it - A8 was a little "old" at 34 SLEEP5.GIF