Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ritey

One of my future mod's

19 posts in this topic

Ok you may think this post should be in the ICE forum but I would prefer general response which is why I've posted in this bit .. so onto the post,

I currently have a gamma headunit and 6 disc cd changer, I would like to change all the ICE as the speakers were kindly blown by a previous owner, so do i replace speakers first then sort out headunits and amp's or do I do it the other way round ???

And should I get exterior sorted ie wheels / zoorst before playing with interior??

Views would be much appreciated

Dave

if the speakers are already done in then you will get a huge benefit from upgrading them first, just chose the compenents carefully.

As for in or out first - which is most imortant, the way you look or what keeps you amused whcile you are out?

Personally if you are spending a lot of time in the car I'd do the ICE first. If you make a good job of that you wont be able to here the zoorst anyway beerchug.gifpengy.gif

try focal 6.5"components in the front and kenwood 7x10s in the back.and an alpine v12 amp to power it all.what head unit u goin for?

Ok what i've been looking at is as follows (when money permits!)

Headunit:

Sony CDXM8800

CDX-F7700.jpg

or

Sony CDXF7700

CDX-M8800.jpg

Fronts

Infinity 6500cs

6000cs.jpg

Rears

Infinity 693.5i

6x9.jpg

(in stealth shelf)

Infinity 6502i

6002i.jpg

SUB

INFINITE kappa box 12 Kappa 120.3 sub

kappabox12.jpg

AMP

INFINITY RA5004

INF-ra-5004.jpg

hmmm,sounds like a nice combo.whats the power rating for the amp and the speakers?

hmm,thats the one with the integrated tft screen isnt it?

Ratings as follows:

Kappa 120.3 sub. Custom enclosure with logo grille. 300w RMS/1200w peak

INFINITY RA5004 50 watt RMS, 4ch amp. 300 watt RMS bridged power output. Continuously variable active crossover. Bass boost. Stable with 2ohm speaker leads

6502i

6 ½" coaxial loudspeaker. PlusOne. Unipivot. 60w RMS / 180w peak

INF-62.5i

6½" coaxial loudspeaker. CMMD. PlusOne. Unipivot. 75w RMS/225w peak

6"x9" triaxial loudspeaker. CMMD. PlusOne. 110w RMS/330w peak

Dave

nice setup.although you will need a head unit with a subwoofer preout to control the volume for that or you will have to buy a seperate level control for the sub.

THe Sony I posted up has the Subout ---- Oh and if I forgot to mention I got one in the garage as well........

[ QUOTE ]

THe Sony I posted up has the Subout ---- Oh and if I forgot to mention I got one in the garage as well........

[/ QUOTE ]

Would that be for sale then SK ??

Dave

Well I am actually looking for more of a swap - but could be pursueded to sell....TT4Tom wanted it, but he loses some features with the CAN bus in his TT.

Basically I want the model below it, looks the same except it is black, and it has an amp built in....I had this one left over from my TT which had the BOSE amps I could utilise, I am never going to be installing my own amps in the near future so this unit is surplus to requirment.

I you want a look I can bring it along to the MK meet.

What's the model number so I can check spec please ???

Is it MEX-5DI

Dave

Yes it is MEX 5Di, I think they were about £950 list when I got mine. Quite a bit cheaper now - I think around the £650ish mark.

The model below is CDXM1000TF.

Main difference is lower spec one has an inbuilt amp, is black, has no memory stick slot, doesnt have customisable graphics, doesnt have 'cd tray' just a slot.

Blimey, I can probably get 1 new around the £670 which is more than double my student budget frown.gif

Thanx for the offer SK but I don't think I can give you the cash amount that you would or could get for it!

Dave

Well like I said the one I would like to swap for is around the £370 mark (I think that is what Tom advised me), I would prefere a swap to a cash deal anyway.

A least you knwo where one is now.