The perfick diesel

Snail

I dunno Snail mate, I like all Audis, Mercs seem a bit old man to me, if you've got a bimmer then no one lets you out at junctions, so all that aside it's got to be an Audi, but for my next Audi I want petrol, something with more than four cylinders and as much bhp as I can afford. I want bhp before they make it illegal.

Petrol?!? That wasn't part of the debate!!!!

Know what you mean bout the beemer, even though they now doing both a couple diesel, and a cabrio diesel (read somewhere)....both a better drive than an Audi/Merc, but don't have that special something....

Every time i see a CLK Coupe, i remember just how stunning they are, even better looking than a A4 Cabrio IMO.

got a 2.5tdi 180 - abt chip 204bhp 420nm v.pleased so far and would nominate as perfick diesel right now (see whole package not just engine alone - a4 quat sport)

going off on a different thought what will audi replace the 2.5 tdi with - anybody know? think it would be pretty good - hope audi get their butts into gear and get the vw v10 tdi into something - imagine the torque - bit like the space shuttle taking off me thinks!

dave i didn't have the smoothest of times getting the chip done - requested the install from dealer b4 delivery of new car - can't remember how long it took to sort but it was 2 weeks plus! don't kow if it was dealer, or tnt, or UPS, or ABT, or parcelforce who [censored] up coz i got lied to so much i didn't care any more - abt can't reprog ecu in this country anyway, so hans built the motor, heinz brought it over here, jimmy took ecu out in glesga, sent it back to hans' brother who did the biz, then sent it back to jimmy who put it in - see! so far so fn brilliant goes like stink but compared to yours its just a bit tame!

went for abt becoz it seems to me they are kinda 'official' tuners for audi but £950 (discounted price coz dealers a tosser) is pretty steep - still getting 42mpg if trying to be a tad sensible - got it down to 26mpg racing mates 315 s4 around scotland tho!

For me, it'd have to be an Audi.

Agree with the others - Merc (even AMG) - says 'old fart' (no matter how good the car). BMW's are driven by w@nkers - at least that's the perception of everyone who doesn't drive one, so that just leaves Audi.

I love the A4, so I reckon that car, with the S4's suspension, brakes, interior etc, but with either the V10 diesel or a 3+litre lump developing 250+bhp would be the perfick diesel for me.

Like Gaunty though, my next Audi will definitely be petrol. I've had enough of saving the planet now, and will be aiming for something which consumes petrol like it's going out of fashion and which will do 0-60 in less than 6 seconds smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...