The New RS3

Mollox

I saw today that all the new S-Line promotions have started, and it said in the spiel that the 2.0T is now available in FWD and Quattro in either Manual or DSG.

Just called to see if they are taking orders on the Quattro DSG but it isn't actually available!

So I then asked if I could order the new A4 avant S-Line Limited Edition 2.0T Quattro and add Tiptronic to the options, but again not available with Tiptronic!

I really think Audi are missing sales here, my dealer said that nearly all of the 3.2Q A3's he has sold have been DSG, why not offer it on the 2.0T?

I have a feeling the S3 will only be available in 3dr. That's why I started looking at sportbacks with Q and DSG. Maybe a Sportback 3.2 Q DSG 6 months old and a trip to AMD would be a better bet, there are loads for around the £20k mark, and wih another £2k spent at AMD taking it to 300bhp it may be worth considering?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's an interesting concept, I'd suggest your bhp figure was a little high for anything coming from the factory as a stock car but doesn't a 250bhp quattro DSG, tuned for extra mid range torque rather than ultimate bhp sound like a nice idea??? mmmm.... wonder what someone might call that????

255bhp for the new S3 sounds pretty average really, given the cars on the road for these days for <£20k. However, if the car is designed to have lots of mid-range torque, a rear biased set up, DSG, Quattro and lighter than the outgoing S3 or any of the new A3's, then it has the potential to be a pretty attractive package.

Even if it is, and I like it enough to spend £30k+ on it, it will definitely be getting the treatment at AMD! grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I have to say there is no way I'd spend £30k+ on an S3 - nice car as it is/will be, its still really only a more complete Golf!

[/ QUOTE ]

The current S3 with a good spec was around £30k, so the new one will certainly be more expensive. Even a 2.0TQ in the current range with a high spec could easily hit £30k!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have to say there is no way I'd spend £30k+ on an S3 - nice car as it is/will be, its still really only a more complete Golf!

[/ QUOTE ]

The current S3 with a good spec was around £30k, so the new one will certainly be more expensive. Even a 2.0TQ in the current range with a high spec could easily hit £30k!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's true. But that's why I've imported 2 S3's previously (2nd car saved me nearly 7k over UK list price including bringing it back to the UK)

[ QUOTE ]

Well that's true. But that's why I've imported 2 S3's previously (2nd car saved me nearly 7k over UK list price including bringing it back to the UK)

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ, that's a big saving! An old member from here 'Colin M' used to import S3's and the like, I'm sure he'll be importing the new S3 when it's launched. Might just look into that given the potential savings.

Only downside now though is the poor exchange rate with the Euro, so the savings aren't quite so good anymore. frown.gif

• 1 month later...