Hesitation a cure ???

s2000db

Sorry boys but never had any hesitation, not once. Car was driven to rev limit from day 1, apr software installed at 1500 miles now 5000 and no problems. Has been run only on optimax bar 3 lots of ultimate. had the ecu lights come on couple of times, before and after software update, but thats it,

Touch wood, watch the fecker brake down now sportifs2.gif

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heh Craig, where you been!!!

My R is stock, 8000miles and so far so good (touch wood) no hesitation and as others only gets normal unleaded in extreme circumstances, like local station being out of Optimax for 4 days!!!! fekr.gif But apart from that time...Optimax since birth.

[ QUOTE ]

My R is stock, 8000miles and so far so good (touch wood) no hesitation and as others only gets normal unleaded in extreme circumstances, like local station being out of Optimax for 4 days!!!! fekr.gif But apart from that time...Optimax since birth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Earning the money to pay Jim for my SUPERCHARGER notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig,

Are you considering Supercharging Your R32?

THis is something I was looking into a while back, did post it on here but not many were interested. Is it the VF Engineering conversion?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig,

THis is something I was looking into a while back, did post it on here but not many were interested. Is it the VF Engineering conversion?

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering NO,Defo being done 169144-ok.gif just waiting on the bits arriving then fitting, Will not be a VF Engineering package it's being put together by Star Performance for my car, individually sourced software and charger.

Will let you know more details as soon as i can, ie whos/where the software is from etc and the type of charger.

Cheers

Craig

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig,

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering NO,Defo being done 169144-ok.gif just waiting on the bits arriving then fitting, Will not be a VF Engineering package it's being put together by Star Performance for my car, individually sourced software and charger.

Will let you know more details as soon as i can, ie whos/where the software is from etc and the type of charger.

Cheers

Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig

How much is it totalling?

The VF Kit was 3k inc fitting.

Mine was VERY hesitating since new (October 2002.... very old, now... frown.gif ) but the only cure I found to be complete and definitive, was a custom remap...

I do not have the V4 software (had flashed the Ecu by the stealer in Novembre 2003 when no one ever talked about a new version of the SW) but I always do use Shell Vpower (99ron here in italy).... From when I got back my car with the remap I never had any hesitation, even in sixth gear at 1000 rpm... never... NONO3.GIF

So.... what are you all waiting for???? cool.gif

jump.gifjump.gif

Well today she was driving like a biatch. So I turned the heating system OFF completely today & wound down the windows.

Totally different car, till I hit the motorway & it all got a too breezy. blush.gif

Obviously I know what a drain Aircon can be (and I don't think the R's aircon is all that) but the difference was just crazy. Turned is back on, back came the troubles.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Al.

Beast,

[ QUOTE ]

Craig

How much is it totalling?

The VF Kit was 3k inc fitting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine the price will be around this, i will keep you all posted on developments. I suppose it depends whether or not APR will develop the software or if a full kit/software package needs to be sourced.

Let me know if any of you would like all the full prices/info once i have the full rundown. A few have emailed already so hopefully a few more supercharged r32's will turn up.

320 bhp in a golf notworthy.gif

Cheers

Craig

I have suffered from this hesitation but only when the engine is warm, when its on the warm up cycle (before 90 degrees) the engine pulls stronger and allot smoother, i also have an induction kit fitted and when its warming up its allot throatier but when warm its quiet confused.gif

I was hoping that with it chipped it will be permanently throaty, so I tried the APR trial software, It made little difference; it eliminated the hesitation but made no roar!!

So i opted for the cheaper superchip software, which is basically the same as the apr.

I may go Santa pod this weekend, so I'll try some runs without the temp sender connected (make it think its cold) and see if it's any faster.

I also think it goes better on just SUL confused.gif

Bungle, sorry Zippy. Does the Superchip also clear the hesitancy lik the APR? Also, I understand VW Racing use Superchips & someone mentioned that because of this it could be considered "ok" by VW.

You know anything on this? Also, how much was the chip?

Cheers

Al.

Yep, im gonna have to consider a chip.

I wasnt too bothered about the extra performance (and I wanted to keep it standard really) - but the hesitation is starting to annoy me now the weathers warmed up.

I would sooner not have the warranty affected though - so this sounds like a possible solution.

[ QUOTE ]

Bungle, sorry Zippy. Does the Superchip also clear the hesitancy lik the APR? Also, I understand VW Racing use Superchips & someone mentioned that because of this it could be considered "ok" by VW.

You know anything on this? Also, how much was the chip?

Cheers

Al.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep it cleared the hesitation on mine. It's supposedly an undetectable chip, so the dealer wont know. It cost me £270 which is about half the cost of the others.:)

Can I play devil's advocate with those folks having a chip upgrade??

Some of you are still having the hesitation problem with the car, and I'm wondering whether during the upgrade the 'reset' is performed (either knowingly or unknowingly), which after a period of time/distance eventually starts to wear off, and cause the hesitation again....

Is there anyone who suffered hesitation before upgrade, and who has now covered say 4-5K with no further reccurence??

I agree

Being fairly new to this forum,it's been interesting reading about this hesitation problem.

I don't personally have a problem with what seems like a slight "hole in the torque under certain conditions" - my own way of describing it btw - I think it's just a car characteristic due to various variables ie fuel,air temp,car temp,mapping , etc.

Now I know there might be variations in the extent of the hesitation from car to car but turbo (petrol) drivers know that there's little point expecting anything to happen below 2.5k revs, therefore you adjust your driving style to suit the characteristics of your vehicle.

That's what I do - no problem grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Someone told me that it was just a quick fix till VW sorted out the problem with some new hardware!

Riz was that you who told me!? beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup.... here is a copy of the VW bulliten posted by another member..

182269-bulletin.jpg

Ive highlighted that it seems that the software fix is temp.

It was also confirmed yesterday by the dealership, they told me that some R32`s are still suffering this problem and that VW Investigations dept are working for a fix.

Riz ECLIPSe.gif

post-182-137914273158_thumb.jpg

My car used to suffer from this probelm, to the extent, i could put my foot down, the a saxo 1.1 could fly past me like a pagani (in a figure of speech). Now after my remap, the probelm seemed to stop. Now i have done just under 19k, under certain conditons the car can still hesitate. Other tiems, the car feels so fast and responsive. There is just such a differance in charicteristics, it is hard to ignore. It gets to the stage thet when you put your foot down you dont know what is gonna happen.

I hope they come up with a permi fix, as i dont think the software is all to do with it. Riz mate, try to keep us al informed.

Thanks Wopps beerchug.gif