tuners for diesels...

Lagoo

So having a scout about for whats around with reagrd to tunning diesels, and have heard stuff about tuning boxes etc, and then i came across this LOT

Now i am not a mechanic but can it really be a simple as turning a screw one way for more power and the other for less confused.gif Anyone in here heard anything about them??

Cheers muchly!! beerchug.gif

I know of a couple of BMW owners with them who post on www.bmwland.co.uk and also on the forum at www.dieselcar.com and they seem pleased enough.

Not sure what model your looking at tuning but try going to the forum at www.bmwcarmagazine.com and searching the forum under diesel tuning as I posted a number of websites there recently which may be of use to you. (if you haven't seen them already that is)

SJD

• 2 weeks later...

I had one on my 150bhp 320d Auto touring and it was a big jump up, the power curve was much nicer, and took off from around 1600rpm and stayed smooth till it got to about 4500rpm.

My mate who used to be a superchips dealer and always knocked add on boxes was rather impressed too, plus you can take it out when you need to take it into a dealer in around 10 mins.

The one I had used jumpers to up/down the bhp by around 4 each time and we got it to the point where it was keeping up with a stock 330d, which for £400 isn't bad at all smile.gif

Plus when I had a problem, with me trapping the connecting wires and knackering it, they swapped it out for another unit, in fact they actually swapped it for a different one for my mate as I sold the car while they were replacing it so I no longer needed it, you don't get customer service like that from many companies.

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought the tunit box (£400 which included a K&N airfilter) I didn't have the first clue about chips,remaps, etc. the main reason why I went for that over a chip was that I could take it off when I wanted to as it was still under warrenty.

After reading more a chip seems better, however when I was first looking at all this it seemed alot more expensive and I didn't have the pennies.

Techie would you say that a remap gives much better performance than a tunit (of similar cost)?

After buying a house it looks like I will be keeping the same car for longer and I want to get more performance out of it, what would you recommend? beerchug.gif

Why would I say that - well I've had plug in modules before on various diesel cars from both tunit and alpen and while they did give an increase in power it was not nearly as much as given from a full proper remap. There is only so much you can do with a tuning box.