Evo to Tdi

Gaunty

Trevor, I'm giving myself about 2-3 years max with this one, after that who knows?

I will have to look at the market and see whats around, whatever it will be it will be 2nd hand and not new.

Just been looking at the company accounts for the last 8 years, the depreciation costs are astronomical.

So a 2nd hand super car is on it's way I reckon. In about 2 years time I 'reckon' I can pick up a good P1 for say 12k - now that is a bargin.

[ QUOTE ]

There's about as much chance of me going to the black stuff as there is of Zoe ball and Norman getting back together

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave, when Zoe opens her eye's and realises what a minga she's now poking, she'll go running back to fatboy, and you'll be eating your words!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

What's a P1 - Scooby ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, standard 280bhp.

An estate agent friend of ours had one, and it was fun to drive.

I owned a scooby a couple of years back and really enjoyed the thing, very reliable.

So in a couple of years time, if no others make/model catches my eye I may well try and hunt down a good P1 with the 'complete' Prodrive upgrade package.

However, since I've owned this Audi, the WO has been taking notice of other S3's on the road, so there is a very slight possibility that we could end up with a good used S3 and the P1 - still early days yet, we may win the lottery, then I will have some tough decisions to make.... ha.gif

• 1 month later...

This sounds familiar. I went from an Evo6 running 340bhp to a A4 1.9tdi sport Quattro. From a range of 130 miles to 500 miles and from £100 per week on SUL to £80 a month on diesel. A total contrast, although I really miss the Evo it was a good choice at the time.

...John

[ QUOTE ]

Hehe, in Scotland 130 miles wouldn't get you between petrol stations would it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was close a few times. You had to plan your route through populated areas just in case. Although I was caught out once, after some spirited B road driving where my attention was on the road and not on the instrument panel. blush.gif

• 2 weeks later...

He He know what you all mean! i sold my scooby for the A3 oct 2002.

Had it for 20 months and 57k, lots of pennys!

Only thing is ive blown all the savings i made on running the diesel on fixing a cracked gearbox coz i was driving my Tdi like i used to drive my scoob!

Fatcat, only thing is buying a P1 as theyve got older is how many track miles they may of done!

i did 600 track miles in my scoob and uput it back to standard when i sold it, you woud never know!

alot of P1's do see the track at some point!

Lee