Another Twin Turbo Project Sucsessful!

PaulW

s8turbo10.JPG

s8turbo14.JPG

As some of you know....I've been posting pictures from the guy in Brazil who did this twin turbo modification on the pre facelift S8....now he just completed it on my friend's Luiz's (we have emailed each other quite a few times) pre face lift S8....

He had the twin turbo mod performed, plus he had similar brakes put on the front as compared to mine....

He just got the car back.....here is his report:

Dear Paul,

Greetings!

I went yesterday to São Paulo in order to get my car. It is finally ready.

Drove 400 kilometers of road full of curves downhills and uphill.

Adrenaline is still in full force until now.

You have no idea what is to drive 500 horses and almost double of the torque

that I had before, and brakes that really take care of their duty. It is unbelievable.

It is impossible to describe, you have to try it for yourself.

Come down to see me any time starting from now. Your kit is ready and waiting for you, and the price is US$ 6,000,00 only.

regards,

Luiz

So should I do the twin turbo mod???????

Here's another update from Luiz:

Paul,

On my way home driving the new biturbo Audi, on the road, I reached two guys on motorbike. One was a Kawasaki 900 and the other a Honda 1.000.

I reached them at 160 kilometers per hour and pass them. They got upset and went heavy on gas while I did the same. Until the speed of 260 kilometers per hour they could not pass me, then a corner was rapidly approaching and I had to back off.

They told me later on the gas station that we stopped, that no automobile ever had

pass them on the road, my one was the first.

Also made some measures here in Curitiba and found that from 0 to 100 kilometers in 3.75 seconds, probably faster than some Ferraris.Not bad for a 4 doors sedan.

FIREdevil.gif

Regards,

Luiz

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to get one (two) of those fitted to my 2000 A8. It really would shock the living daylights out of some of the little boy racer tossers, who think they've got fast shopping trollies!!!!

This would give us some serious Porsche, Ferrari beating potential...........rock on!!!! Send me one now :Pnotworthy.gif

Insomnia is playing up again, I can't sleep, so I'm up to no good, as usual... FIREdevil.gif

Been browsing a bit and guess what, quite coincedentally (honest!) I came across yet another S8 Twin Turbo project... cool.gifcool.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifheart.gifheart.gif

Part I

Part II

S8%20TT%20Engine%20Bay%20Finished%202.jpg

S8%20TT%20LHS%20Mosque.jpg

<font color="darkgray"> Audi S8 Twin Turbo

PART I

"The boys at Ben Sulayem Performance can never be accused of lacking imagination when it comes to performance modifications for late model motor cars. One such example of this is the latest job to grace the workshop of BSP.

Take the Audi S8 which is next in line to go under the surgeons knife here at BSP, to have a bit of magic worked under the bonnet, the magic coming in the form of Twin Turbo’s!

Even in standard form the S8 is a potent machine, featuring a multivalve V8 engine, Quattro four wheel drive system and sports tuned suspension, making it a fast and highly refined "executive express"

Mix this already potent package with two hi-tech ball bearing Garrett turbochargers, intercooling, a comprehensive engine management system upgrade and you have the makings of an absolute weapon!

High on the priority list for this project is to make the conversion in such a way as not to impact on both the reliability of the base car and also its excellent refinement. This means minimizing engine, exhaust and induction noise so as not to spoil the driving pleasure of the car.

The standard engine management system will be upgraded with the addition of a special fuel and ignition controller, so as to increase the performance with the utmost reliability."

PART II:

"At any rate the Twin Turbo Audi has now done approximately 24,000Km since the twin turbos were fitted and is proving to be extremely reliable, offering trouble free performance motoring! Looking at the photographs of the car and engine bay I am sure that you will also agree that the car also looks fantastic!

Not only does it look great, but now thanks to all of the hard work put in by everyone at Ben Sulayem Performance it could be lined up against modified cars from such places as AMG, Hartage, Mossleman and Brabus without any problems at all – its a real genuine home grown made in the UAE supercar.

Engine power is difficult to estimate as we have not run the car on a dynometer, but our best estimate is around the 480-500Hp range. The turbos start to boosting at 3000rpm and by 3500rpm the engine is on full song. The Audi 5 speed automatic transmission matches the engine beautifully changing gears incredibly fast, while the close ratios of the transmission ensure that it is never “off turbo boost”.

We recently had the car in the workshop for a routine service and tune – up, and I had the chance to talk with owner about his on – road experiences with the Audi. His most memorable story was that of a race between the Twin Turbo Audi and a Ferrari 360 Modena. The end result? One very embarrassed Ferrari owner. I will let that speak for itself!"

</font>

I feel my sensible mode slipping away, it's starting to itch again... what can I say... slap.gif

Paul, what are you up to lately? Given this any more thought? Anyone else? Groupbuy? Discount? Check out Ben Sulayem Performance to see what they could offer....? SMOKE6.GIF

Tell me to STFU and be happy with what I've got, or shall we go mental (and risk bankruptcy and a divorce)? jump.gif

beerchug.gif

PS: Paul, do you know where Luiz sourced that bumper?

I've been busy lately, as you might recall, I have a boat that we do charters on in Chicago....the Coast Guard came down the other day to do it's annual certification....and it was like we didn't even prepare for it...so I've been doing that plus fixing the toliets (somethings never change)....

dock.JPG

I know, I know.....everybody feels for me!! suicide.gif

I have been emailing with Luiz....I'm really thinking of going down there in the fall to visit with him and check the car out.

He sent me an email that says the car runs on alchol....which I don't know exactly what that means. It does have a cold start valve that starts it on gas too....

Guess I'll just have to visit and see all those Brazilial women..... 123576-assfeck.gif

Oh, I mean a twin turbo project!!!!

beerchug.gif

Still on the cusp of finding a house too! Have a lead right now....will report when I have one and the status of its garage!

beerchug.gif

Great boat Paul! And good luck on the home front... wink.gifbeerchug.gif

Dunno, but the alcohol thing sounds a bit worrying no? crazy.gif (Sure he's not running a distillery in the trunk?) grin.gif

Wouldn't want any crazy mods TBH, a TT project in itself is mad enough for me as it is... UHOH7.GIF

But let's see what he's up to. Can't you get him to send a more detailed report, with a list of the mods he did regarding the twin turbo's?

I'd also like to know where he bought the bumper. It'd be too open for me as it is on the pic, but that could be helped I reckon, and I like the ability to color code the front (lose the black valances). If they make one for the face lift models that is... So far it's the best I've seen for the 8.

What do you think of the other project? The 24k km report sounds rather interesting and reassuring no?

For comparison I could try to contact them, to see if they do a kit, or would be willing to shed some more light on the ins and outs... Never hurts to ask right? wink.gif

beerchug.gif

• 1 month later...

Luiz (the owner of the car) says he has another kit pretty much made up but the guy who builds them for 7K U.S. However, I do not think it includes an intercooler.

Alchol is a common fuel in Brazil, that's why his is set up that way, the kit would be designed for regular high octane fuel you can get at the pump.

it would proberbly destroy my 4 speed auto though, on saying that I do have another one just in case.

Really I would want it completed for £4k including mapping, but it all depends what comes with the kit. Intercooler is no big deal for me I know a man cool.gif

In terms of fuel, I always fill up with 98 octane fuel anyway so as long as it was mapped for that it would be ok

Paul if you could find out what would be included that would be great, was $6k before, seems the price is on the up crazy.gif

You never know smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Before I sell my car (I have so many people telling me to keep it)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, strange huh? grin.gif

Nah, seriously, you now have a new like looking car, with superb handling, power, and all the comfort you could wish for. I'm very much afraid you will be dissapointed by the Yank pick-up when the novelty wears off. I had one, which was a full options 5.3 Vortec V8 demo. So basically new. It was a fine car - well truck - and it never disappointed me. Therefor I do remember it with fondness. But it's no S8, not by a long shot...

And talking about gearboxes, that other gearbox, wouldn't that be a 5-gear by chance? That would knock of a few secs as well I suppose.

And yeah, that turbo project... FIREdevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

0-62mph in 3.75 sounds interesting enough to me wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to have that kind of acceleration under my right boot. It would seriously wind up pretty much anyone on the road to see a luxury 'barge' sekret.gif like ours wipe the floor with them!! the_finger.gif