vw lupo 1.4 and 1.4 sport

wolverineuk

hi i wondered if any 1 could help i've just purchased a 1.4s-16v vw lupo and heard its only 75bhp were as the 1.4sport is 100bhp. i've heard the engines are both the same size and was wondering what extra does the sport have on the engine to give it an extra 25bhp and how can i make my 1.4s any faster, can i and are they alright or should i have saved more money up and got the sport. my car is in black. cheers

Not sure about what exactly is done but I would imagin ist just a simple remap to find the extra power!

Depends on your age and insurance and of course how long it would of taken to get the Sport version, but IMO 75 bhp in a little lupo has to be a laugh anyway - and the saving could go to making it special in your own way!

Welcome to TSN by the way!! smile.gif

Dave

hi mate - welcome to TSN, the 1.4 lupo is a great choice in either guise - if you were saving up then it'd need to be for the GTi!!!!

Anyway check out Lupobabes lupo in the gallery, she has made hers look pretty good, also Tigz has some pictures up, his also looks smart.

As for power best people to speak to are www.advancedautosport.co.uk - they can get some huge power from these engines as they prep them for Rally and race spec, so you are talking almost double what you have now.

For more info also try www.clublupo.co.uk a good lupo/arosa based forum - loads of the members are in here but you get a good specific info over there. Dont forget here is more than one forum so check it all out.

As far as I know the only diffrence between the two engines is a chip.

I do belive that a certan someone with a 75bhp Loop is trying to get someone to build a chip.

If this can be done (and I cant see why not) it'll be quite a big increase in power, for very little money.

Both are quick cars though, BReal raced a Gti in his Sport at inty and got a 17sec 1/4 mile. Not bad to say a Gti does a 16! On the road there wouldnt be a big diffrence.

TSR do a turbo kit, only know of one Arosa with it, he was getting massive wheelspin at Santa Pod, but when it gripped it was rapid. 150bhp I think. Got a vid somewhere.......

Cannot say whether it is reliable or not.....but I can say it was fast

TSR Performance website

Drag race

GTi was a 6 speed, it's all in the start

Andy the Sport driver got the better start, but the GTi dragged him down

The start 3.5 megs

3/16 mile point 3.5 meg

Ok, just ran that video through an editing package frame by frame (sad I know) and the gti (black wheels) actually moves off the line first, however, the angle may not represent the true acceleration off the line so therefor I'm willing to accept that the GTI may have had a bad start and the sport may have managed to put its power down initially quicker! smile.gif

Dave

I was stood on the line, and Matt (GTi) defenatly got off the line first.

Andy in the sprot couldnt have got a better start though, as they passed me Andy seemed to be in front.

Looking at both Videos, I think Andy didnt do too bad to stay with him the first half of the run.