Chris_B

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Please right-click and Save As - you'll enjoy it more and so will my poor server (on my company's connection). If it's slow to download, you're all killing my bandwidth, so please cancel it and try again a bit later. Please do not distribute this URL, I've had my stuff posted all over the net before and it got so many hits, it killed my network's bandwidth for days, which didn't make me popular as we kind of rely on it for our work.

This is meant for you TS guys only!

Video 2:15, 21MB

Oh, and don't slap.gif me for the sound - you've been warned now that the sound is terrible because the microphone wasn't shielded well enough. No complaints please.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

What car did you use as video car btw?

[/ QUOTE ]

RS 6 Avant and some velcro cable wraps. Sophisticated eh?

180805-Img_0915.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, just remembered that pic now... iamwithstupid.gif Well, it did the trick very well. cool.gif

I particularly like the bit where you see the bushes etc. fade into a blur with the speed of sound... FIREdevil.gif

I suspected it was an RS6, but it couldn't be your car. Do your mates all drive RS6's or was it the dealer being helpful? grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Think they'd ( sekret.gif) call this evidence

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks much faster than it was. Somtething to do with frame rates and video conversions I think. Anyway, it's just from some video tape I found laying on the floor somewhere, I've no idea who it belongs to... grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Think they'd ( sekret.gif) call this evidence

[/ QUOTE ]

It looks much faster than it was. Somtething to do with frame rates and video conversions I think. Anyway, it's just from some video tape I found laying on the floor somewhere, I've no idea who it belongs to... grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yelrotflmao.gifnotworthy.gif

I knew that wink.gif M'lud tongue.gif

I had a call from my dealer's A8 advocate. Apparently an SWB is coming into the UK soon. I've been told that Rowan Atkinson is first on the list, then it's going to be handed over to the journos. I might be able to get a few hours with it after Rowan (I think I can call him that now!) on the 24th of June on the same kind of deal -a driver brings it up to Lincoln, gives me the keys for a few hours and I go play.

I hope this comes off, then I can finally make my mind up. 169144-ok.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe Mr Atkinson is writing 'another' artcile for EVO?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hadn't thought of that, I just figured he was a car nut who fancied an early go in a bit of a new motor.

Must get my writeup in early and get you guys another TS exclusive review! grin.gif

That leaves 1 spare seat then! If you wanna bring'along someone else Chris S8 tongue.gif

Sven I can collect you from the airport (the least I could do to repay you). Course it'd mean a lowly 3.7 A8, but I've a full blind set, so no one need know it's you sluming it in the back grin.gif

I ALWAYS liked big, powerful cars, and so do many of my mates. Nuffink to do with age IMO. Think that this myth came to life because most kids can't afford a powerful luxury car like this... Think about the comment of that twat, quoted in the Porsche forum, who said a 911 is an 'old man's car' exactly for that reason... ROLLEY~14.GIF

BS IMO, some like small cars, others like big cars. Just preference.

[ QUOTE ]

Chris, if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

I ask as you don't look that old in your gallery pic and you seem to have a liking for BIG cars, which is unusual in younger people.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I write this, I'm 31, but I'm 32 in a couple of weeks frown.gif

The big car thing is partly because of me being in business - I quit my job 9 years ago with an ex-Avis Cavalier TDI on tick, and after 100,000 miles burning oil (and the midnight oil, often), I upgraded to a Vectra and went for the jugular with a V6 2.5 SRi. After I stuffed that into a telegraph pole, sideways (somebody pulled out on me on a bend) and very badly bent it, I figured an AWD car might be good, hence the Audis.

All the cars I've had have been perfectly acceptable to turn up to customer's sites in. Even the RS 6 is OK to take customers out in, which I can't say I think would be true of a Porker or 2nd hand 'rarri.

I have been thinking long and hard about getting a cheaper work car and an Elise or VX220 Turbo, but I realised that inevitably, when I was in one car I'd wish I was in the other for some reason, so I'm thinking of sticking with the one car for all jobs philosophy.

[ QUOTE ]

I ALWAYS liked big, powerful cars, and so do many of my mates. Nuffink to do with age IMO. Think that this myth came to life because most kids can't afford a powerful luxury car like this... Think about the comment of that twat, quoted in the Porsche forum, who said a 911 is an 'old man's car' exactly for that reason... ROLLEY~14.GIF

BS IMO, some like small cars, others like big cars. Just preference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you like cars, you like cars (big and small). And as Sven says, group 20 insurance and the cost to buy them may preclude the young.

Course, some of us drive a big cars to compensate for our little schmakles UHOH7.GIFblush.gif