What is a T350 for?

hamerslane

I'm 18. It's my only aim in life to own a t350c. (in 4-5 years time...)

People tell me "ooh you'd wear it out in a day - it's not for driving to work"

It is probably correct that I'd wear it out - but I spoke to a tvr salesman, he didn't give me a straight answer as to what road t430's are ideal for, if you buy one.

*hoping bison can help him out here*

At the moment I make about 120 miles a week on the motorways and 20 driving to work and back. What would you say to that?

If someone did this kind of milage, would they drive a secondary car or something?

Many thanks.

i can only talk about my experince with the T350C of joy...

I think the reason why people say they aren't every day cars are is for the following rather than its gonna fall apart:

1) Its not the greatest car to drive in traffic.

2) it has to be serviced every 6000 miles. A real one not an oil and spark p change.

3) what is considered average milage on a "normal" car doesn't apply to a TVR. i think if you put 15,000 on it a year you'd deprecaite it massivley.

4) getting in the boot is a pain in te arse! ok its not that bad but i wouldn't wanna kep opening it everyday.

18? and you want it in 4-5 year time? My advice would be get working on the NCB!! wink.gif 24 and my insurance is over 2K with 4 years NCB frown.gif

thanks for the reply, bison.

you're right about the insurance being pretty... 'taxing' shall we say, and getting one in 5 years is on the optimistic side.

if i was still interested in the t350 at age, say, 26, i'd probably be in the financial way to go about owning one then. and maintaining one. and paying the insurance. if i saved. and didn't buy food. damn it.

smashfreakB.gif

been driving for almost 2 years now, did that motorway test thing so i'll have 3 years ncb in 2 months time. still though, £2k... god damn.

at least i have nice dreams smile.gif

can i ask: what was the defining thing that made you buy a t350c? one thing, that if the car DIDN'T have, you wouldn't have bought it at all. excluding all the obvious stuff like a steering wheel... grin.gif

and how has/did yours hold up, and how much did you drive it?

cheers.

My brother has just bought a T350T, all I can say that it is bloody awesome, I could not stop grinning! What a fantastic car the_finger.gifthe_finger.gif.

You have to expect the odd problem or two with these cars, they are hand built! When my brother picked his up the windscreen wipers stopped working and so did the speedo as well as the door sills were not properly stuck down, but you forget all those minor problems when you drive it! the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifECLIPSe.gif

post-2208-13791427367_thumb.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

My brother has just bought a T350T, all I can say that it is bloody awesome, I could not stop grinning! What a fantastic car the_finger.gifthe_finger.gif.

You have to expect the odd problem or two with these cars, they are hand built! When my brother picked his up the windscreen wipers stopped working and so did the speedo as well as the door sills were not properly stuck down, but you forget all those minor problems when you drive it! the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifECLIPSe.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks very very nice in red, very eye catching, you had a drive yet, what did you think of it?

[ QUOTE ]

what is T350T? there's only t350c here, i plan to buy one, could u give me more information about it? price, performace etc,pics're better, thanks so much beerchug.gifnotworthy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

T350c pictures

T350t pictures

t350t to my knowledge, basically has two panels on the roof... i've never driven in the t350t, so i can't say anything about how it drives... and i should imagine the price isn't too visciously affected by holes in the roof...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks very very nice in red, very eye catching, you had a drive yet, what did you think of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think red is the best colour for this car, its shows off all the curves and details better!

I have been taken for a drive but not actually driven it myself yet, I think it will be a few more weeks before my brother will let me!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry to post the same questions again, but i think they got lost in the thread somewhere...

can i ask bison: what was the defining thing that made you buy a t350c? one thing, that if the car DIDN'T have, you wouldn't have bought it at all. excluding all the obvious stuff like a steering wheel...

and how has/did yours hold up, and how much did you drive it?

how much do you think you'll get when you sell it? are/when are you going to sell it?

cheers.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bison....

I know I know, they are completly different cars and so very hard to compare, but how would you compare the t350 to your R32?? I've still got my R32 at the moment but was considering taking the plunge into Trevor territory...

Does the build quality of the t350 drive you mad after owning the golf?

how does it compare for every day driving??

yada-yada....you get the picture..! ;o)

Calum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

in my opinion the t350 looks fantastic regardless of the colour! i love 'em, even more so after watching viki butler-henderson thrash 1 in an episode of 5th gear. im 21 and owning a golf VR6, hope to get qualified at work and possibly have a tvr cerbera! idealy a t350 but dont think i could aford 1. theres a 1996 cerbera on the autotrader web site for £14,500! now thats serious bang for your buck!!