Should I or should I not ...

fatcat

To my knowledge there are only 2 real dis-advantages to a personalised plate.

1) Increased money/effort when changing cars. (if your Barry RS4, it probably not worth it)

2) Some people still think they are for idiots.

I've had one for years, i love it, it erm...personalises your car. If you see one that matches the car (S3??? on an S3 for instance) it can make your car more attractive to buyers (not sure if it will help fiscally).

They are a bit of fun, I've got one (although you've seen that of course).

There is a school of thought that something like C1 ABC (if your initials are ABC) is a bit "fake rolex", ie wanted a personal plate but couldn't afford one so bought a cheapy equivilent, but if it were something like R32 *** (your initials) that'd be well cool. cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

but if it were something like R32 *** (your initials) that'd be well cool. cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Close but not close enough wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I reckon you've found "M310 REW" grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, just done a check via the DVLA, and thats already on Gaunty's motor sekret.gif

[ QUOTE ]

There is a school of thought that something like C1 ABC (if your initials are ABC) is a bit "fake rolex", ie wanted a personal plate but couldn't afford one so bought a cheapy equivilent, but if it were something like R32 *** (your initials) that'd be well cool. cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I am not a fan of initials or seemingly random A1 XXX (I have a private plate though it has no point) but car-related plates are cheap, hide the age and add to the visual appeal IMHO

had S3 YUM on my S3 and now have Px0RKA on my Porker - both £250

[ QUOTE ]

I agree, I am not a fan of initials or seemingly random A1 XXX (I have a private plate though it has no point) but car-related plates are cheap, hide the age and add to the visual appeal IMHO

had S3 YUM on my S3 and now have Px0RKA on my Porker - both £250

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, stuff like S3 YUM is just a bit of fun and adds a bit of visual interest/recognisibility rather than a pretentious effort to be something it isn't.

That said, for £250 I can understand someone buying something like C1 ABC (ABC being their initials) rather than a boring random C587 DGW so fair enough really. That said, you can't beat a proper personal plate like 77 ABC for a touch of class.

The Autocar classified ones always crack me up though, some convaluted word that only looks vaguely like it if you misspace the plate and squint a bit (from a distance) for sale for thousands of pounds. smashfreakB.gif

[ QUOTE ]

To my knowledge there are only 2 real dis-advantages to a personalised plate.

1) Increased money/effort when changing cars. (if your Barry RS4, it probably not worth it)

2) Some people still think they are for idiots.

I've had one for years, i love it, it erm...personalises your car. If you see one that matches the car (S3??? on an S3 for instance) it can make your car more attractive to buyers (not sure if it will help fiscally).

[/ QUOTE ]

Oi! Shut it shell boy!!

Pete is it TO02OLD ?

jump.gif