Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
a3sport

A3 SPORT FUEL CONSUMPTION

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

Wondering if someone can help me, i have a 1997 Audi A3 Sport which seems to be drinking a lot of petrol. I was wondering, on average, how many miles you get out of £10 / £20 etc. I need to know roughly. I have been driving it normally (changing gear every 3500 / 4000 revs) so i dont see why it is using up so much petrol confused.gif

Any help would be highly appreciated. 169144-ok.gif

Thanks in advance

Don't know how far a tenner will get you. I tend to fill up full tank to full tank and get about 330-340 a tank if I'm lucky. My DIS says I average about 27mpg. I would do a fill up re-set your trip and then work out you mpg when you re-fill. My car's quite thirsty so if you're not bettering the above there could be a problem.

Thanks for your help mate, I will do that and see how many miles im getting out of a full tank.

Any one else have any ideas?

Well I consistently get 33-34 mpg from my S3 even if I hammer it down the motorway. I don't push hard all the time though and mainly drive economically. I must admit that the DIS has been really helpful in teaching me how to drive economically i.e. best revs for gear changes when I am not looking to race.

Mine seems to be an exception though as most other Tyresmoke S3 users report around 27-30 mpg for normal driving.

Cheers,

R

my chipped A3 gives me about 29mpg with fast driving. get about 300miles from a tank. worth it though.

Thanks for all your help people 169144-ok.gif There is a problem somewhere as I worked out im getting approx. 15 mpg which is about less than half of what i should be getting.

Anyone know what the problem could be or does anyone know exactly how many mpg I should be getting from the A3 sport confused.gif

Thanks again for your time

you should be getting 30 average on a standard sport. 15mp is daft.

i get about 100 miles from a tenners worth of fuel. that was when fuel was 76p a litre.