Lindbrook Audi, Tonbridge, Kent

sidicks

Well what can I say apart from Thanks to Lindbrook..

I had my RS6 ride today and f*ck me, that it one quick car.

It seems that they had the RS6 for day and wanted some of their 'favourite (?)' customers to have some fun, albeit for only half an hour.

For the first 10 minutes I was driven around by the dealer, then I got to play on a variety of roads.

First impressions:

1. It's fast, almost too fast ! I've never spent so much time checking the speedo. It doesn't help that 60mph feels more like 30 mph.

2. Even the slightest touch of the accelerator has the beast straining at the leash. Best wear light shoes !

3. The brakes are equally good

4. 50/50 overtaking opportunities become easy.

5. It's very easy to drive and after 15 mins I'd almost forgotten what I was driving (until I touched the load pedal)

6. There's so much power you don't need to change down to overtake which makes the sport mode and paddle shift almost redundant. It is easy to use and good fun, though.

7. Inside the sound is just right - very powerful V8 but not too noisy. From outside it sounds awesome.

Criticisms ?

1. I don't like the perforated steering wheel, give me the full leather or alcantara one anyday <font color="red"> </font> - Dave is that what you've got ? <font color="red"> </font>

2. It would be so easy to lose your licence

3. It's not quite as fuel efficient as a TDi

4. It costs more than I can afford

5. On the way home the S3 didn't quite feel as quick as I remembered it (still overtook a number of cars on the A21, though !

The dealer has also been helpful in getting some wheels on my S3 replaced under warranty, and they gave me a courtesy car for the two weeks whilst I was waiting for my S3 to arrive.

Only downside ? - they need some more fit birds in the showroom !

Glad you liked it.. and yes.. I agree with everything you have written..

apart from the steering wheel.. yes.. I have the perforated leather and I really like it.. it doesn't become slippery when you've been driving for a while and has really comfortable grips..an improvement over the S6...

Did you like the steering weight?... I find it to be just perfect and the wheel is a little smaller than in the S6 and so easier to handle/steer..

Dave cool.gif

Dave

I didn't get the chance to get sweaty in 20 mins of driving, but I appreciate what you say. It does feel nice, but my comment was more about looks than feel'. To my mind it doesn't match anything else in the cabin.

The steering felt very good - nice and weighty, but not heavy like I expected (due to the size of the tyres).

I think my ideal combination would be leather and alcantara seats with an alcantara steering wheel.

At least they gave me one of their model RS6's so I can stick it on my PC at work...

cheers

sidicks

LOL... just their to tempt you to part with your cash laugh.gif

Take your point about the wheel.. true enough, but you get used to it...

I'm glad you've had the experience of driving it.. it's a stunning piece of kit.. One that I haven't fully mastered yet after nearly 4 months of ownership.. it never fails to suprise and I haven't got close to it's limits yet laugh.gif

Well.. saying that I've had 150 out of her.. and she was still pulling like a train cool.gif

My S3 dies at 150! smile.gif hee hee

Its good that good "Audi Dealers" exsist........ my one`s crap...... they didnt even give my a test drive in a S3 when i showed real intrest incl taking my old car for part-x!

Makes me sick sometimes........gave me the story of one not being ready! wtf just saw one outside being taken for a test drive!

Theres only one reason i`d ever buy from a UK dealer! RS cars..... hee hee........ apart from that Sport Import gets my thumbs up! rant over! smile.gif lol

Hi

I have to agree,just bought my TT a couple of weeks ago from Lindbrook and they were very helpfull and made me coffee every time i went in.

Not sure about the birds though,i seem to remember one particularly fit brunette piece of poontang!!! smlove2.gif

Also an added bonus that you can nip nextdoor and letch over a few Porsches......mmmm!

beerchug.gif