Are there ANY A4 Cabs without rattles?

teejoo

My uncle wants to go order an A4 Cabrio, but I've read so much horror stories about creaks and rattles on here that I told him to think twice about it.

So, the question is: Are there any Cab owners on here who didn't have rattles or creaks or whatever?

Yeah me.

And bear in mind, as has been said before, these boards give a somewhere squewed impression of car faults, no one ever writes in "I pressed my electric window switch today and it worked perfectly", they will only write if it failed. All cars of all makes have issues, read any board and you'll find problems.

I'd heartily recommend the Audi Cab, it is the finest proper four seater cabrio on the market. Name any other and I'll tell you why the Audi Cab is better! cool.gif

Yes - I have rattle problems in this car but my last new-model Cab was rock solid. And, importantly, I can't imagine other brands are any better - and are probably worse. Audi do at least try and eliminate noise from known issues and dealer feedback (e.g. the sun visor pads that suddenly appeared this year) - I'm not sure how seriously others take it.

So yes, it annoys me intensely when the dealer says "all cabriolets will rattle, it's in their nature" because I know it's not true of other Audi cabs: but for the same reason, I don't think it's a 'feature' of this car. I don't regret buying mine, even the new one with the roof creak - I have aspirations to fix it.

I testdrove the cab last weekend in 2.5TDI, 2.4 and 1.8T and only the 2.5 had an annoying rattle when the roof was up. Something in the fixation points where the roof hits the front windshield. The guy at the contactcenter told me that this could happen but should be repaired under warranty.

[ QUOTE ]

So, the question is: Are there any Cab owners on here who didn't have rattles or creaks or whatever?

[/ QUOTE ]

My roof seems to be fine so far.

Six weeks in and my dipping mirrors have broken, the rear windows don't always go up when I raise the roof and it is a pig to fill with fuel - it thinks it's full after every 50p.

It's still a great car though! grin.gifnotworthy.gif

CG, ref the dipping mirror, do you mean when you go into reverse?

If so check that the mirror adjuster is switched toward the passenger mirror, if it is in the centre position or drivers side then the dipping mirror is disabled.

Just a thought.

[ QUOTE ]

CG, ref the dipping mirror, do you mean when you go into reverse?

If so check that the mirror adjuster is switched toward the passenger mirror, if it is in the centre position or drivers side then the dipping mirror is disabled.

Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried that. One of them rattles - I think something has fallen off inside! ROLLEY~14.GIF

Taken a while to get there (my fault mainly) but is now rattle / squeak free.

So you can't guarantee that it'll be perfect on delivery but with a good dealer you should be able to get it sorted.

There seems to be a high recurrence of the same issues:

1) Sun visors

2) Window seals

3) header rail

4) center console

[ QUOTE ]

Are there any Cab owners on here who didn't have rattles or creaks or whatever?

[/ QUOTE ]

No squeaks, no rattles, no knocks, just a creamy smooth ever improving V6 3.0,with an equally seductive sound track.

smlove2.gifsmlove2.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifheart.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifsmlove2.gifsmlove2.gif

Don't be put off, I have not noticed anyone having really serious problems and the concensus is that these cars are screwed together better than any of the competition. ECLIPSe.gif

Mine is now a year old and has given me absolutely trouble free pleasure including a continental trip.

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifheart.gifheart.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Don't worry just enjoy 169144-ok.gifwink.gifwink.giftongue.gifwink.gifwink.gif169144-ok.gif